Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Quad Laser Module Kit by Edison (USA Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I'd like two more for a total of four if possible.
    AWESOME!

I'll be sending out payment details shortly after I work out shipping with edison. For shipments to the US, the international package will come to me first, then I will divide and ship out the orders. Give me some time to work it all out.
    Thanks!
    Adam

Keep in mind that sending packages FROM europe TO USA weighing over 500grams now takes longer to process. This due to new regulations the US enforced being scared that stuff is sent over that is "terrorist" related.

To get a package over 500gr to US quickly you must use express since the stronger regulations are already in place for those packages. But that will cost more.

Kind regards,
    Dimitri
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

I went to the metalshop and have given the green light for manufacturing these babies. Now don,t think they start next week with manufacturing. If you need a laser next week buy a complete module but that will cost you an arm and a leg
    I have a meeting next week to discuss the small improvements. It takes a few weeks before everything is in production. The metalshop delivers very high quality and they have more clients then just me so its always takes some time. I will do my best to speed up the process

Hi Edison, what improvements are you making?

Nothing special. The brass blocks has also a baseplate and all plastic pins will be screwed in. The ones before had to be glued. Only two of them but Adam asked if i could look at this. Baseplate will be 6mm thick alluminium anodisized to mount the brass block on. Just for making it clear i will not do another groupbuy with adam of these.
    It still takes allot of time and the list of PM,s is getting longer and longer due questions. I thought most people knew how to stack beams. Apperently not so this will be my last groupbuy of kits No effence to anyone. I,m very happy that people want to join this groupbuy. I just always think that things are easy to arrange or to build or make. That,s one of the mistakes i make everytime. Murphy,s law is hitting hard again
    Last edited by edison; 04-25-2011 at 13:11.

Default Guidance.

Hi Edision, its great that you are able to help other members out by making these kits, im also taking part and im in for one kit, I may have more, I have my eye on something so it depends on how things work our, regarding peoples questions about stacking beams, I have no idea but will experiment to get the best results. Maybe it would help you if you gave a general guidance emailed or printed to assist the person assembling the kit. This may help from answering individual questions. Sorry if I have misunderstood what you are saying, just a thought.

Looking forward to building the kit.
    Thanks Tony
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts

Just to let anyone know ADAM and I start collecting payments for the KIT.

Now al NON-USA buyers can send me a PM with their details and i will respond with Total amount incl shipping costs and paypal fees.

The sooner i have the payments in the faster the kits will be ready.

It takes a few weeks before they are ready to ship. I,m not the only customer from the metalshop

ARE YOU NOT IN THE USA AND ARE BUYING A KIT SHOOT ME A PM WITH YOUR NORMAL NAME IN IT

I can,t help anyone to lenses but OPTIMA has them for 17 dollars. Mirrors can be bought from ROB stanwax.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I can,t help anyone to lenses but OPTIMA has them for 17 dollars. Mirrors can be bought from ROB stanwax.
    I'll be working out the lenses and the mirrors so everyone gets a deal and only has to pay one person for the US group buy.

PM's will be sent shortly with information on paying Edison for the mount.

Okay, PM's sent. Check it out and get back to me with any questions.

Attachment 24714For people that are interested in a top cover to turn it into a complete module that is possible. It will be high quality anodisized in a black finish. The bottomplate will be blank anodisized aluminium. The top cover will be completely made out of 1 piece of alluminium and fits perfectly on your kit. The price for these covers will be 80 euro the piece. Oh you will get a class 4 label and triangle to finish the module

I just want to say thank you for all that joined this groupbuy. I,m convinced that everyone can build his quad red or blue with this kit and if you go all the way with a top cover you have a module that you can use in the future for higher powered diodes just by swapping boards.

For any european buyers , i,m now start collecting payments so let me know if you want a cover or not and how many kits you want.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails quad housing voor derden.jpg  

Last edited by edison; 04-28-2011 at 07:39.