Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Quad Laser Module Kit by Edison (USA Version)

Default Quad Laser Module Kit by Edison (USA Version)

Hey Guys!
    Want a bad ass, compact quad kit for your red or blue laser project? Here is your chance!

Edison asked me to take over a group buy for him so we can all get some more of these beauties out there. The deal is, we need to have an order for at least 22 of these to make it work. The price for the "Kit" No diodes, lenses or drivers is 200 Euro's (currently $280USD) plus shipping charges. Which is not bad for such a nice module! To start, Let's take a tour...

This quad module is a very compact kit made out of brass for good metallurgical stability and it's thermally conductive properties. It's a "knife edge" kit that utilizes brass flexure mounts to move and lock the mirrors for little or no maintenance.

The way the module works is it has slide adjustable screws for the flexure mounts and the double diode assemblies. Essentially, two of the beams are knife edged and the other two are knife edged and stacked above the latter. You end up with a beam configuration like this... "::" However it will like like a single solid beam exiting the module.

The brass flexure mounts are very nice. They are extremely sturdy and well designed. The thickness of them and the push/pull arrangement makes a firm mount for your knife edge mirrors.

The flexure mounts sit in the modules groove for a nice lateral fit while maintaining adjustability up and down the channel.

The diode holders are also well designed. Each one holds two height adjustable laser diodes that snugly fit the base of the diode can against the module. The diodes can easily be changed since they are not press fit.

As you can see here, the diode modules maintain good thermal conductivity to the base of the module while allowing adjustability.

All module kits come with diode/LASORB interface PCB which holds the diodes in place via two Allen screws and allows a LASORB to fit overhead. They are very similar to my LaserBug modules but are made to fit this module practically.

Additional Parts...

Since this is a kit and not a complete unit, It will need additional parts to populate it.

The Kit comes with these lens holders, Note: these are not lenses, just brass rings for holding a lens. For a red build, these lenses are the best way to go and cost $17.50 each plus shipping. They will work great for 638, 642, 650 or 658nm laser builds. Optionally, I can mount 4 of these lenses for $110 plus shipping. I will also chemically process the brass so it is black and will produce less artifacts that way.

Here are the lenses...

Another important option is dielectric mirrors. these are great to get the least power losses out of your quad module. Alternatively, you can just use alumanized mirrors but these are a great way to go. (Price is pending)

Next, you can add a TEC module to the unit for stability. This is a 20X20mm TEC rated for 5V @ 3A max. (Price is pending) There are 4 Nylon spacers that are included with the kit to sandwich the TEC between the base plate and the laser module.

And finally, an enclosure. The whole module with TEC is made to fit nicely in this Aluminum housing and is perfect for making a nice little beast of a laser module. The price is 75 Euros ($105USD)

All the prices here are set by Edison, I don't make a dime off of the sale of the components, only a discount on a few modules and a chance to get more of these units.

Here is what is included in the base kit for this quad module for 200 Euros...

1 - brass quad module base
    2 - brass dual laser diode mounts
    4 - brass flexure mounts
    2 - laser diode/LASORB PCB's
    4 - brass lens mounts
    4 - nylon standoffs
    28 - Allen screws

While I don't make money on the kits, I do make money on services I offer. If anyone is interested in having one of these quad modules but doesn't want to do the whole build or wants me to build a module for them, let me know! I'd be glad to custom build whatever you'd like for a good price using one of these kits. Unfortunately there are so many options, I can't quote a price on here but please PM me with your needs and we'll talk.

Please direct all questions about these modules to me and not Edison, If I can't answer your question I will have him answer it. He is too busy to handle the group buy and had me take it over for this reason.

Thanks!
    Adam

Group Buy Participants:

300EVIL - 7 Kits

dilbert - 3 Kits
    info received PAID
    tonyaztec - 1 Kit info received PAID
    rgb-gas - 1 Kit (maybe 2) info received
    j4cbo - 1 Kit info received
    massivesound - 1 Kit info received PAID
    Robin - 4 Kits info received PAID

ONLY 0 MORE TO GO!!
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 05-11-2011 at 18:16.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

That's a really nice looking piece of kit. I'd like to hear about your experiences building it out.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    That's a really nice looking piece of kit. I'd like to hear about your experiences building it out.
    That will come soon. I've just been sooo damn busy with this, that and the other thing.

I build one for michelrietveld. He has one in his projector. Its also perfect for building a 4 watt of blue. You can set both sliding diodeholders to the same height and stack 4 diodes next to eachother by sliding the mounts to the right position.

Shipment is 13 euro the piece and when buying two shipping is free.

Here are some beamshots and some pictures inside the module:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails michelrietveld module.jpg  

P1090006.JPG  

P1090034.JPG  

P1090007.JPG  

P1090058.JPG  

P1090048.JPG  

P1090009.JPG  

P1090024.JPG  

Last edited by edison; 03-18-2011 at 01:36.

Interested in 1, will sort options later.

I would like 1. Maybe 2.

Great start, but we need more!

I sent to you a PM. I am interested in 4 units

Just to be clear , Adam (300evil) is doing the groupbuy here but i,m happy to help.

You can ask stacking questions and ordering by sending him a PM but i think he explained it very well.

Because the diodemount are slidable stacking is easy. Even people that are just getting into this hobby and have basic skills can stack the beams

Quote Originally Posted by Laseronics View Post
    I sent to you a PM. I am interested in 4 units
    Reply Sent!

Come on guys!! Let's buy some quads!! We're almost there!!