Thread: 635nm 30mw new diodes feeler

Laser Warning 635nm 30mw new diodes feeler

Hello guys. i don't know how the general attitude here is for diodes. but i am putting out a feeler for new 635nm 30mw diodes. i have this thread over at LPF

http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/63...ler-61873.html

if you are interested post there or post here. there are price breaks at around 50 pieces and 100 pieces.
    i have 3 samples coming my way for testing.

i realize my post count is low, and i started of rocky here. that is why i posted the link to my original thread to LPF.
    thank you
    michael.

You mean This one?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	U-LD-633541A.pdf 
Views:	60 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	24305Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    You mean This one?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	U-LD-633541A.pdf 
Views:	60 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	24305Chad
    It beats me how a 635nm diode has a typical lasing wavelength of 639nm
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

^^^^ thats the one. if you guys are doing gb alread i could jump in on yours. have any of you guys been testing them yet?

michae.

Lightbulb

30mW is kinda low for our lasering purposes. A 30mW handheld might be interesting to a few but I don't see many wanting to try to build a 12 diode setup to try to get a fatty red with these.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I think there are 2 major obstacles to getting a group buy on here for these diodes:

1. The wavelength, most projector builders prefer 640 or even 650 because of:

i. Colour - 635 tends to be quite orangy instead of red
    ii. Beam Specs - 635 is very very fat

2. Power - 30mw is rather low for a projector project. Most diode buys on here tend to be for diodes at 150mw + simply because of the cost and complexity of combining the smaller diodes into any meaningful power.

I'm not saying you can't do it, just that these might be the reasons why interest has been luke warm.
    Last edited by White-Light; 03-26-2011 at 11:34. Reason: Cross posted with Marc

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I think there are 2 major obstacles to getting a group buy on here for these diodes:

1. The wavelength, most projector builders prefer 640 or even 650 because of:

i. Colour - 635 tends to be quite orangy instead of red
    ii. Beam Specs - 635 is very very fat

2. Power - 30mw is rather low for a projector project. Most diode buys on here tend to be for diodes at 150mw + simply because of the cost and complexity of combining the smaller diodes into any meaningful power.

I'm not saying you can't do it, just that these might be the reasons why interest has been luke warm.
    The data sheet says that the lasing wavelength is 639nm (minimum 635, maximum 643)
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.