Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: NWLEM - Portland, Oregon - June 10th-12th, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    Yep, been lagging a little here.

How about this. First off, if you think you're going to make it to this, PM me and I'll make up a list of confirmed attendees.

It seems we might get away without renting any tables/chairs if enough people have a few to bring. I've got three tables and a few chairs I could rustle up myself.

I'll make a concerted effort to do an official walkthrough here soon and snap some pics of the venue sans-party-goers to give an idea of what we have to work with.

If nobody else does, I'll try my darnedest to come up with some sort of logo and figure that end of things out by the one-month mark.

- Jonathan
    My logos and graphics are usally pretty terrible but I might come up with something.

I should be able to find a small table and chair for myself. Unfortunately much in the way of gear. Just a laser.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by blowfly View Post
    My logos and graphics are usally pretty terrible but I might come up with something.

I should be able to find a small table and chair for myself. Unfortunately much in the way of gear. Just a laser.

Mike
    I was thinking about using SketchUp to get some shapes arranged for an outline.. I'm sure something will materialize in time.

In other news, I intend to snap some pictures of the venue on Saturday, if I can manage to get in there before a show starts that night.,

- Jonathan

Default Update

Here are some pictures and videos of the venue so you can get a better idea of the layout:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-04-23_18-30-47_53.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	24650Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-04-23_18-32-04_160.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	24649Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-04-23_18-32-43_983.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	24651Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-04-23_18-32-50_484.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	24652Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-04-23_18-29-01_7.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	24653Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-04-23_18-29-18_23.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	24654Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-04-23_18-28-25_220.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	24655Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-04-23_18-28-37_513.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	24656

This video is of the highest production quality:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVFRTtliFz8

Here's another:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ene_Cp8rlMA

Default wacky Willys

Used to be not that far from there If I remember right....
    Last edited by Vidal Wolf; 04-23-2011 at 23:27.
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    Used to be not that far from there If I remember right....
    I missed my chance to check that place out before it closed a few years ago. It was over the other side of the river near 24th Ave.

- Jonathan

Lightbulb

Hey Mr J -

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I plan on having some shirts made and will look into this.
    I found 'Spreadshirt' a great Co. to work with, and their T-designer app quite intuitive and powerful http://www.spreadshirt.com/create-your-own-t-shirt-C59 - once you pick a T / color, etc, you can go right to 'upload your design' (PNGs or JPGs work-best) and preview how it will look / scale / re-position, etc... And you can price-out with various Ts, to see if ya wanna drop the extra bux on 'beefy-T's or not, etc... Add-in all yer sizes, etc, and cart it all up - really, a snapola...

The tech-people were great to work with, and the whole-process was very cost-effective - and the quality? well, I think you can judge that from your closet...

AS-to a 'design', well, I will have a fair-bit of 'downtime', daily, from the 31st till the 10th or so, since will be on a 'lasertising' gig in ID, with nightly shows, but will be sort of 'hotel-bound', daily, - So, likely could werk on some ideas fer ya, in-between sales-efforts / etc... That is, IF that is desirous - I don't wanna 'butt-in' or be more obnoxious than I already-am... And since I'm sure you'll ask, sadly, I won't be able to come-up, cause we have a gig in PA on the 10th... but , ya know?

Anyhoo, just an fyi, fwiw, imho......... lmnop...

ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Hey Jon,

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    I found 'Spreadshirt' a great Co. to work with. . .
    Looks promising, although they only seem to have 'navy' color polo shirts. I'll look into it more this week and try to make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    AS-to a 'design', well, I will have a fair-bit of 'downtime', daily, from the 31st till the 10th or so, since will be on a 'lasertising' gig in ID, with nightly shows, but will be sort of 'hotel-bound', daily, - So, likely could werk on some ideas fer ya, in-between sales-efforts / etc...
    If you find yourself with some spare time and have a hankering to whip something up, I'm not going to dissuade you.

Here are the landmarks we're trying to include in some sort of stylization possibly resembling the Frasier logo, more or less:

The Fremont Bridge. As you can see from the pictures I posted recently, it's right next to the venue and is easily one of the most prominent Portland landmarks.

Mt. Hood. It goes without saying that Mt. Hood, while a number of miles away, is also a very notable Portland icon.

The matching towers of the Oregon Convention Center. Because when we look at them, we wonder if lasers could be shot from them. (Goal of many.)

Here are some other shots of the Portland downtown area for additional inspiration. (If NWLEM is ever held in Seattle or another city, I figure we'll adjust the theme accordingly.)

So there you have it. I'm hoping to get polo shirts made and have the logo embroidered, hence the Frasier logo idea -so the design should be simple. Someone had an idea of having lasers coming out of the Convention Center towers -this idea I like.

Any other logo ideas out there?

- Jonathan
    Last edited by platinum; 04-25-2011 at 00:01.

courtesy of Dave helping me out with transportation..

I'm in! Yes, the annoying kid with the camera is here to spam more shutters! (well, not so much this time. I hope to take better pics this time around, too).

speaking of which, I have got to redo that pics website. perhaps I'll turn it into a blog or something.

-Craig

I updated the top post with a guest list. PM me if anything needs updating.

hmm about the loft building
    If we could only bend a laserbeam... that would be cool
    What we can use the loft for is that if we attach a projector to the top, facing straight into the loft and a couple of mirrors to redirect the beams in different directions (but close to it's ceiling :P