Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue DPSS Lasers

Anotehr option is the new Arctos range of blue (really violet) diode lasers.. similar concept to the reds, except using <440nm diodes....

Only thing is - they are damn, bloody, friggen expensive.

Like many thousands for 150mw of blue that you won't be able to see very well.

It'd make nice colours though...
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Hi aijii,

I'm replying to your concerns with the Lambda Pro units. Can you let me know where you purchased them? We rarely see defects such as you describe - about 1 in 50 units.

Also, we have never made a 350mW 532nm green DPSS, so you possibly purchased this from a non-authorized distributor who tweaked a 200 or 300mW unit thus causing the power supply issues?

I'm also not sure if you were dealing with either us (Alltech Solutions) or Lambda Pro through email since we both are very responsive to email and would never ignore a customer to save in shipping costs. Once again, was this through an unauthorized third-party source?

In any case, even if purchased from a third-party, we would be willing to review the situation and help out with any problems with your lasers.

Thanks,

Adrian @ www.alltech-solutions.net

Hi Adrian,

The last unit we purchased was bought as a 300mw, but it makes around 360mw, 350mw on average.... hence we call it our 350mw LambdaPro.

It's funny, you say "_we_ have never made a 350mw 532nm green DPSS"... I thought you were just a distributor.

The ignored emails were sent direct to Long Mai. The only people we ever dealt with were either yourself, when we had purchased through you, or Long, when we purchased direct from the factory.

I know it wasn't an issue with email delivery etc, because a) i was getting delivery and read receipts and b) it took an email from a friend to convince Long to reply to me.

He actually wrote back and said doing what he did gave him a "bad heart feeling", and was very responsive after that. The reason you know nothing about this is because this particular laser was bought direct. Why would I make up such an elaborate story ?

Anyway - our 300mw is working okay at the moment. Our other two lasers are out of warranty now - with the price of green lasers these days its not really worth our money to get them fixed... but thanks anyway.
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Does anybody know where Arctos gets these blue/violet diodes anyway ?
    I saw a new REGUS 2000 RGB unit open today and only one silly blue 446nm diode is doing almost 300 mW of beautiful blue...
    I guess when Arctos sells it a certain price they have to get these somewhere at half the price at the most...
    Anybody have a clue ?