Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Group buy Red First Contact optics cleaner

@ Piotr - actually thats a typo there - mine are 15ml bottles.

@ MPJ - it may seem expensive on the face of it but I use mine DAILY and often use it at UKLEMs on members projectirs and in the time I have been using it (aproaching 3 years) I have used 3 bottles - just started my 4th. It goes a hell of a long way. In fact from a sellers point of view thats the only negative - its gonna be years before I get repeat custom. The ammount of cleaning you can do with one bottle if you are careful and dont leave the lid off is staggering.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    @ Piotr - actually thats a typo there - mine are 15ml bottles.

@ MPJ - it may seem expensive on the face of it but I use mine DAILY and often use it at UKLEMs on members projectirs and in the time I have been using it (aproaching 3 years) I have used 3 bottles - just started my 4th. It goes a hell of a long way. In fact from a sellers point of view thats the only negative - its gonna be years before I get repeat custom. The ammount of cleaning you can do with one bottle if you are careful and dont leave the lid off is staggering.

Rob

Yes I have been told the exact same.
    I will surely buy this stuff once I have some more money reserved.
    For this case I will use my purosol.
    I only have to clean the front mirror.
    I'm not reusing that microfiber cloth from the optician.

Of course the other important point about this is this is the only cleaning method that will not damage your optics - the only contact with the delicate surface is the brush which is loaded with the solution that acts as a lubricant. One damaged dichro by a different cleaning method and FC has paid for itself in one go!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I agree, and thats why I'm not cleaning the dichro's yet
    onl the front projection glass of my projector.
    I agree that you are right, I will be very very carefull.
    the next cleaning solution I will purchase will be first contact from now on
    anyways time for me to stop flooding the first contact group buy for real now

Thanks rob.

I have the clear stuff. Can I safely add a die to it to make it a color? This stuff is the cats meow! DO NOT DO YOUR GLASSES. It melts plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I have the clear stuff. Can I safely add a die to it to make it a color? This stuff is the cats meow! DO NOT DO YOUR GLASSES. It melts plastic.
    acetone melts plastic
    Last edited by cyberb0b; 04-05-2011 at 12:40. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Acetone will not melt 1.498 index CR39 monomer which is used to make the vast majority of Ophthalmic lenses. However, there are Ophthalmic lens materials that will be affected by acetone. Did you get your lenses from an optician or were they the pre-manufactured things from China?

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Angry

Guess this GB is a no-go

I guess so,

I could reduce the price to 25 euro without shipping if this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    I guess so,

I could reduce the price to 25 euro without shipping if this helps.

Maybe if you bundled the stuff with some some of your lenses that Rob doesn't have you might have more success!

Cheers