Thread: Corrected 170mw 638nm diodes-USA only

Default Corrected 170mw 638nm diodes-USA only

I contacted blue sky to see what it would cost to do a run of microlensed opnext red diodes. They are $200.00 each plus the diode cost. The minimium run is 5 diodes. I'm doing 10 diodes. Anyone else want in? The agreement states these can't leave the USA.

I should have asked if they could do the blues? Wonder if that might clean them up. ( I checked and they said the beam would still suck so forget blue)
    Last edited by kecked; 04-06-2011 at 07:01.

Default Parameters

What are the beam specs once they are lensed?

The beam is circular after correction. I've never seen a diode that was corrected so I really don't know. The beam is suppost to be fantastic. However minimium order is 5 diodes to find out. i sent an email to find out. I wish the cost was more like $100.00 extra to do the work on the diodes. This makes each diode about $500.00. Now mind you 1600mw of perfect corrected red would be something to see.
    Last edited by kecked; 04-06-2011 at 07:06.

Default beam specs

Here you go. The beam specs and a scan are included.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sample ILX and Beam Scan.pdf 
Views:	99 
Size:	933.2 KB 
ID:	24394

No offence meant here but surely you want an elliptical beam if you want to stack them?
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I'm doing 10 diodes. Anyone else want in? The agreement states these can't leave the USA.
    "The agreement states these can't leave the USA."

Bloody pond

@Doc.... depends on how many you want to stack ! with one in the middle and a Tscope might give a nice result and you could still double with a PBS If not I can't see how kecked is going to get "1600mw of perfect corrected red " (always assuming that the "opnexts" in question are really only 170mw each.)

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 05-09-2011 at 17:45. Reason: @Doc