Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: SELEM V in Newton, NC August 19-21; Need input (and volunteers) now!

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    To be honest I personally don't mind pointers either.
    But as long as they aren't from wicked lasers or with weird lenses and gratings.. then it's ok.
    But keep in mind if someone makes a mistake with that pointer.. you can offcourse destroy the pointer.. but someones eyes will never be the same

But if you allow pointers.. PLEASE really don't allow the sith series.
    I agree 100% to be honest I'm not too big a fan of pointers as much as I an brick stile units and modules. To be honest I'm a wavelength fanatic :P

as for the sith series worst idea in laser history by far
    Lasers
    •405nm violet(blue-ray) laser-eBay I fixed it ya
    •473nm 10mW LSR473NL series blue laser module www.lasever.com review
    •488nm 5mW Novalux Protera DPSS Laboratory Unit
    •532nm 5mW green laser www.elitelasers.com
    •650nm 5mW red

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerman121 View Post
    By the way arent you a LPF member your self.
    your point?

mixedgas is on LPF too, along with a couple other PL'ers

additionally if its a concern I own one pointer... but I can't even find it after FLEM, think I lost it

Smile

I don't have a problem with people from LPF attending. Zack sent me a PM about this, and I explained our concerns (this is mainly a laser projector meet, not a laser pointer meet, and everyone will have to sign a waiver).

We have always had pointers present at SELEM, but we've also had to caution people to be careful with them in the past. (We don't want anyone getting hurt!) This year will be no different.

So long as the folks from LPF can play by the rules, I don't see any reason to ban them. (But I also understand Johnathan's hesitation to go out of our way to encourage them to attend...)

And yes, many PL members are also members of LPF. However, most of them do not have a big fascination with pointers.

Adam

This is shaping up well. Continuing the show planning aspects mentioned before, how many bounce targets should we plan on this year? I think last year we had a mirrorball, and 2 or 4 bounce mirrors to target.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    This is shaping up well. Continuing the show planning aspects mentioned before, how many bounce targets should we plan on this year? I think last year we had a mirrorball, and 2 or 4 bounce mirrors to target.
    thankfully its easy as pie to mount bounce mirrors since the handrail on the mezzanine is a metal tube

Smile

I'll put together a show schedule soon, and I'll post it here on PL so people can sign up for more slots. Right now we have lots of time to fill!

Regarding bounce mirrors, it depends on what people bring, but I'm thinking we'll have at least 8, and possibly as many as 16. I can bring 6, but they won't mount on the railing. (They use special clamps that only fit that extruded aluminum channel stuff that I had at FLEM last month.)

Adam

Last edited by flecom; 06-23-2011 at 02:52.

Smile

Holy Crap! That's a big damn mixer! Where did you get it?

Check with Mario (Ragdoll) and see if he can put it to use. He's handling the sound system this year.

Adam