Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Down and Dirty Dually

Yeah, I should probably post in the morning/ afternoon before my glass(es) of wine. Oh well.. at least I updated this thread instead of leaving it hanging.. not that anyone is really interested or paying attention to my ugly ol' build or anything <cry>. Except you, Aaron , thanks! You da man.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00267.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	241.7 KB 
ID:	25498Ok, 5mm @ the ap, 60mm @100 ft.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00269.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	314.5 KB 
ID:	25499
    Last edited by steve-o; 06-10-2011 at 09:45. Reason: deleted uneeded 3d pic

Lightbulb

Looks like your prism might have a smudge on it from that 100 foot measurment.

Are you going to put that beasty into a projector?

Yes, it's going into a projector. The 'smudge' is the 2nd LD beam which I'm having a focus problem with . It's also tilted off-axis a bit :/ Hopefully will have that solved shortly.

Thumbs up FWIW....

I am watching...I like to see anyone who builds things and see their creations. So many have lost the art of "Let's design this to do that and build it". Guess it is an older mindset thing. Not enough true hobby people left......as compared to 5 or 6 years ago here. Function over form rules to me, it can be dolled up later. Yes it may end up costing more....but the education along the way is priceless.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Well, thanks Mike. It's good to hear from ya'! Nice to know that there's at least 2 friends here that remember me!
    Here's my final outcome of the day. Not square exactly, but at 100 ft, not too bad right? (one's off-axis/ tilted, but too late to yank the diode and get it perfect.) Probly be good enough for the 4th of July neighborhood fireworks show.. (I hope)
    :Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00276.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	349.0 KB 
ID:	25504 Here it is at 100 ft away (squint to see lil blue speck-bottom of big tree in the middle)
    I'll try to post a beamshot later tonite.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00271.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	320.7 KB 
ID:	25505

Thumbs up

that would be s nice looking square once it is aligned right. A Bit big, but nice and symetrical.

It looks big, so I decided I'd post a pic of me beside the tree; for a perspective aspect photo. After 4 unsuccessful attemps trying to run 100 ft in 10 seconds (for a 10 second camera timer -it's harder than it looks) my delightfully helpful tired-after-work wife (I took the day off today to work on this) snapped this pic (I have an orange t-shirt on) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00281.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	368.0 KB 
ID:	25506:

Wink

Is this before or after toddy time? I request video next time you try that.

lol. after. I didnt have a heart-attack so i consider myself to be in good shape. for a smoker and all .