Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 problemo!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    hello 3 daves

Unfortunately ishow is ok for the hobbyist but i heard ( on here and from others direct ) that the software is very buggy with no support .... one of the main problems is that it can crash and leave you with single beams into the audience ....

This is definately a problem for you as you will be using this in a night club enviroment ....
    i would suggest that you invest in something along the lines of Pangolin FB3 with quickshow ( approx 595 $usd ) this is proven, supported, and very safe

Dave ... please fill in your profile so we know from what part of the world you are from maybe someone local can provide some help or advise

all the best .... Karl

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the advice.

Iv noticed that before the driver is installed and the ilda plug is plugged in, it concentrates what seems to be the whole 1000/1200mw into 1 beam away off to the bottom left but its been perfect all the time once the driver is installed.

I will eventually get new software mind you.

Il get my details filled in.

Thanks

Dave (scotland)

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Solution run a virual machine and run windows xp in that.
    or you can force install it's driver.
    secondly you can run in compatiabilaty mode.
    if programs don't start: disable aero.

Hi Thanks for the advice, il try these and see how I get on.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Compatability Mode may get you out of trouble :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ion-of-Windows

However, as Banthai said, iShow is not the best software and does possibly have some safety concerns.

I too suggest you start again with Pangolin QuickShow:

http://www.pangolin.com/QS/index.html
    Hi thanks for the advice il check these links out,

can you tell me if there is a way with the pangolin program of having the laser go to the music coming from a mixer (or from the laptop through line in from the mixer) looks like theres no way of doing this with ishow

thanks, just ignore this post iof you dont know, im new to these laser, iv only had a 60 mw and a 200 mw before

Quote Originally Posted by davedavedave View Post
    Hi thanks for the advice il check these links out,

can you tell me if there is a way with the pangolin program of having the laser go to the music coming from a mixer (or from the laptop through line in from the mixer) looks like theres no way of doing this with ishow

thanks, just ignore this post iof you dont know, im new to these laser, iv only had a 60 mw and a 200 mw before
    Hi 3 Daves

Yes I think you can have Pangolin's QS2 pick up sound from the line in of your laptop. Not tried it my self as my laptop has no line in but I have set it up to work from the sound output. Using the mic socket is another option with QS2.

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

Default or...

for a next best thing (and cheap compared to QS) you could keep using the dac that came with ishow and get better software.

some ideas are here http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ust-controller
    "its called character briggs..."

Hi DaveX3

its best to sync the laser to the music within quickshow then play it from the line out of the laptop into the mixer

great to see another laserist from Scotland .... it may be worthwhile contacting Paul (lasermad) who is on this forum and also from Scotland he has a lot of experience in doing shows and events and is a very helpfull guy

As you are also in the UK you also need to be aware of the UK Legislation of using Lasers in a public place, most councils require that the shows need to be safe and below certain MPE levels

I would suggest that you contact James at Laservisuals ... he runs a laser safety course and will help you, he's based not too far away from yourself in the lake district

you usually need to provide a risk assessment to the venues local council before any show takes place and get aproval, failure to do this could have the event shut down

also as you are doing shows for the public ( paid or unpaid ) in a public place you should have Liability insurance to cover you if anyone is injured

Sorry to sound like the laser police buddy .... but you need to get the important bits sorted out first before you start swinging a high powered beam into peoples eyes

i would start here with James website ... lots of usefull info

http://www.lasershowsafety.org/index.html

all the best and happy and safe lasering

Karl

you usually need to provide a risk assessment to the venues local council before any show takes place and get aproval, failure to do this could have the event shut down
    To be fair, it is the license holders responsibility to make any representation to the licensing authority (for which they may need to request paperwork from you, as the supplier).
    I personally wouldn't start sending off paperwork to the council directly unless by prior arrangement with the license holder.
    Of course the venue may want to see paperwork from you to satisfy their own internal requirements, regardless of any council involvement.
    Whether the venue need to apply on a per event basis is entirely dictated by the wording of their particular licensing conditions.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I second this solution as it will most likely prove to be the easiest.

So long as your new Laptop has over 2G RAM installed you can easily run XP within Windows 7 as a virtual machine and its FREE.

All you have to do is go to microsoft's website and download the XP virtual machine. The only catch is that you have to have a Legit Windows Key.....just saying there's a lot of hackers out there,

thats mate,

i tried downloading a virtual machine and looked like it could be a solution but xp mode on the machine just doesnt boot up for some reason,

compatability mode seemed to be geared more for old programs rather than driver but there are a few hardware option but none of them fixed the problem

Default UPDATE

Hi guys,

I had a response from the seller saying that it will work with windows 7 but only the 32bit version of windows 7.

I have the 64 bit version....bugger.

I tried the virtual machine but it wouldnt boot up in xp mode for some reason. That couldv been a good solution.

Thanks for all the advice from everyone.