Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 problemo!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr!!!!

Cool Windows 7 problemo!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr!!!!

Any help here would be hugely appriciated.

Iv just bought a new rgb 1000mw system for my dance night and entertainment business and have installed ishow for the usb interface on my pc and all works perfect but....
    I can only install it on my pc and old laptop and not my new laptop that I use for doing partys weddings etc so would need to take two with me which would be a pain.

The ishow software installs fine in the laptop but the drivers dont work so does anyone have any idea how I can change the driver to work with windows 7, or where to get a new driver for windows 7.

PS I have emailed the seller in hong kong but have had no response as yet.

Thanks in advance

IShow is only suitable up to Win XP. At least that's what the copy I still have flying around here states.

cheers!

Laser Warning ah ok, thats annoying.

it does work on windows vista though as this operating sytem gives you the option to use older settings as my other laptop has vista installed.

if all else failes il just need to take 2 laptops with me but everyone knows what its like at the end of a gig, the less equipment to be packed away the better.

Thanks for your response, il post any reply i get from the seller

hello 3 daves

Unfortunately ishow is ok for the hobbyist but i heard ( on here and from others direct ) that the software is very buggy with no support .... one of the main problems is that it can crash and leave you with single beams into the audience ....

This is definately a problem for you as you will be using this in a night club enviroment ....
    i would suggest that you invest in something along the lines of Pangolin FB3 with quickshow ( approx 595 $usd ) this is proven, supported, and very safe

Dave ... please fill in your profile so we know from what part of the world you are from maybe someone local can provide some help or advise

all the best .... Karl

Solution run a virual machine and run windows xp in that.
    or you can force install it's driver.
    secondly you can run in compatiabilaty mode.
    if programs don't start: disable aero.

Compatability Mode may get you out of trouble :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ion-of-Windows

However, as Banthai said, iShow is not the best software and does possibly have some safety concerns.

I too suggest you start again with Pangolin QuickShow:

http://www.pangolin.com/QS/index.html

Isn't Quickshow for hobbyists? I suggest that he goes straight to LD2000 Pro.

Touché

Although in this case I'd say go for LivePro on the FB3 as its for a nightclub.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Not necessarily IMO. I use it all the time at shows. It is like LivePro only much easier to use. Defiantly not as powerful, but it can still put on a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    A lot of people use QS professionally. As he's bought iShow the logical suggestion was QS at $600 rather than LD / BEYOND at several thousand.

If of course he wants that level additional of performance then LD or BEYOND would be much better.

BTW there's a demo version of QS here: http://www.pangolin.com/_Files/Setup_QS2_Ev.exe.