Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SELEM V suggestion box.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    big sheets of foam core and gaffers tape?
    I was thinking more along the lines of black plastic you can get in rolls. If you've ever watched Dexter...

- Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    Good point. Too bad there would be no way to make these sheets of plastic temporarily removable or some such thing.

- J
    na I think it would be cool

anyway I carry a flashlight so I will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of black plastic you can get in rolls. If you've ever watched Dexter...

- Jonathan
    dexter (in a totally heterosexual way lol)

Lightbulb ...since I *can* now post this (w/O getting my head lopped-off....)

...maybe..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM_V_2011_v2_jr.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	552.8 KB 
ID:	24635

..was doing show-art last nite and after browsing the SELEM thread before retiring for the nite, just threw the 2010 logo into the 'hopper', and this came bouncin' on out..

So, for ya'lls consideration... if ya like it, cool... if ya hate it, cool... I kinda like how the "V" has a 'Dr Octogonapus-thang' werkin, BROOAAAAHHHHHRRRR!!! lol..

If it becomes-desirous, lemme know if a more 'embroidery-friendly version' (...outline, like '10) is needed and I can whip er up...

ciao ciao...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

One of the things Adam and I have discussed recently is also a "Live Pro" demonstration area (or seminar piece) , particularly with using the Novation Remote Zero controller. I've tried messing around with it without much success and, I don't know if there might be any thing wrong with the controller or, if it's all "operator error". It would be nice to spend some time seeing how other people set theirs up and run shows.

anyone DJ? it would be cool to have a time where people/someone can dj and people can play with/watch people use livepro or something like that?

or maybe a livepro refresher training or something?

Got my vote!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    ...maybe..

Name:	SELEM_V_2011_v2_jr.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	552.8 KB 
ID:	24635

..was doing show-art last nite and after browsing the SELEM thread before retiring for the nite, just threw the 2010 logo into the 'hopper', and this came bouncin' on out..

So, for ya'lls consideration... if ya like it, cool... if ya hate it, cool... I kinda like how the "V" has a 'Dr Octogonapus-thang' werkin, BROOAAAAHHHHHRRRR!!! lol..

If it becomes-desirous, lemme know if a more 'embroidery-friendly version' (...outline, like '10) is needed and I can whip er up...

ciao ciao...
    j
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Smile

One of our newer member (Mario, aka "Ragdoll") has volunteered to bring his turntables in addition to the large sound system he's already bringing. He said he'd be willing to spin for us for an hour or two while we played with lasers.

My idea is to have two sessions on different days. For the first one, I figured we could connect a bunch of projectors to a single LivePro control computer and basically "Demo" how to use LivePro in a multi-projector environment. Allow several people to play with the station, so everyone can get a feel for what it's like. For those folks not interested in LivePro (especially if they already have some other brand of live controller), they can sit back and enjoy the laser show and the live music.

Then, for the second one, I planned to split the projectors up so that everyone who has a running copy of LivePro has at least one projector that they can control with it. Then allow EVERYONE to operate LivePro at the same time (again, while Mario is spinning), so we have sort of a "livepro lase-off".

Sound like fun?

Regarding the Logo, I'd love to see everyone's ideas. Jon, that logo is very cool, but unfortunately it's not much different from last year's logo. (Though I grant you that last year's logo was the best one we've had yet.) If everyone likes it, we can go with that style again, but I think it would be neat to change it up just a bit so it's a little different for this year.

Adam

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Regarding the Logo, I'd love to see everyone's ideas...it's not much different from last year's logo.
    Sure thing! I think I spent all of about 30 min on it... Think if it as 'fuel for the fire'... I'm sure everyone can werk somethin up, nice and tasty-like...
    If I get some time to put more than two brain cells on it sometime, I'll kick-in to help... but I'm sure you'll all get by just fine, without...

Not sure if 'dsli' will be able to make it down this year, yet or not - too early to tell, show-wise... we'll see... As usual, looks to be a kickin' and rapidly growing / strengthening event... Here's my 'prediction':

Name:	SELEM2025.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	971.2 KB 
ID:	24682

cya
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Thumbs up

Hehe... Re the SELEM 2025 pic: That would be room # 1 of 5, right?

Adam

Lightbulb

I think we actually need to do a group picture this year...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin