Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SELEM V suggestion box.

don't we say that every year? lol!

There was sort of a group picture from last year. Not sure who took it, but it was seamed together well.

Chris

I look confused as per the usual lol

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I look confused as per the usual lol
    As do I, and I am watching ustream, where I am broadcasting a view of Adam... Looking confused.

Smile

I don't think I look confused... More likely that someone has just shouted "hey Adam!", and I'm looking up to see who it was (and to see if it was me they wanted, and not one of the other Adams!).

Should be pretty easy to do the live feed this year though with the improved network connection. Just need a camera to hook up to their Macbook...

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Something else to throw in the suggestion box would be a scanner tuning workshop. I'd love the opportunity to watch someone do it live or, work alongside on my open. I understand the guide but, nothing beats actually watching the process. I haven't attempted it yet but wonder if I've got some that could stand to be tuned up a little.

Smile

There will be plenty of chances to do this. (We're always tweaking things at SELEM.) Maybe we can get Bill Benner to do a short presentation (again) on scanner tuning. He's very good at it.

If no one volunteers, I'd be happy to spend a few minutes tweaking someone's scanners while explaining what I'm doing...

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yet another SELEM thought!

I have experienced some frustration with hazers. The problem I have is... you read about one, it sounds good, you spend your hard earned ducats and then find it doesn't work well for you, you read about another one, it sounds good, you spend your hard earned ducats and then find it doesn't work well for you, you read about another one......etc. Try this fluid... try that fluid.... The next move is going to be into the $1,500-$2,000 range and I just can't afford to do that sight unseen.

Would there be any way to use a different one in the theater each day that we can arrange ahead of time? I know someone brings the DF-50. But, if someone has a Look Solutions Unique 2.1 for example and volunteered to use it on day 2 and then, maybe the LeMaitre Radience on day 3 if someone owns one of them. Just a thought...

Everyone says, "I own (insert brand here) and it works great." Well.... lets check 'em out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Something else to throw in the suggestion box would be a scanner tuning workshop. I'd love the opportunity to watch someone do it live or, work alongside on my open. I understand the guide but, nothing beats actually watching the process. I haven't attempted it yet but wonder if I've got some that could stand to be tuned up a little.
    ^^^ ditto from me. Brad has put it better than I could. I think the many future scanner owners at SELEM will be watching and taking notes too.

hak

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    There will be plenty of chances to do this. (We're always tweaking things at SELEM.) Maybe we can get Bill Benner to do a short presentation (again) on scanner tuning. He's very good at it.

If no one volunteers, I'd be happy to spend a few minutes tweaking someone's scanners while explaining what I'm doing...

Adam
    bill is excellent at explaining scanner tuning... I am pretty OK at tuning them, but not at explaining what I'm doing lol