Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Question about anamorphic prisms

Default One way to mount a pair

Pics/drawing below are associated with work ongoing with the ZQuad ( four 445LD combined ). This is how the anamorphic prisms will be positioned and mounted within the ZQuad. Two acrylic plates are joined with four 6-32 allen head bolts. A 2mm rubber grommet is placed atop each prism to cushion the prism from unequal downward pressure ( Small black circle ). Basically...one is making a sandwhich !!! When the top plate bolts are tightened...the grommet compresses and clamps the prism into position. Thus...adjustments
    are always doable Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anamorphic Prism Module Pic 1.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	24955 down the line. There are four more holes in each plate which provide for mounting the entire module to your optical platform.

This is one way to mount Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anamprphic Prism Module Pic 2.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	24954 the prisms and have adjustabillity. Thought this might be helpful.

Finally, a worthwile contribution from Terrawatt Labs !!

CDBEAM ,,,and TerrawattClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Zod Quad Anamorphic Prism Pair v 1.3.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	24953
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

you'll go from this "---" to this "-", but what you really want is this: "*".

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I have seen a bunch of threads talking about how the anamorphic prisms can clean up the beam a little for 445's. What kind of "clean" are we talking here? I am using one of the aixiz collimators right now, and that has helped a little. Basically, will a pair of prisms get me an "adequate" beam profile for graphics? I understand that, at best, I will be getting a square beam, but how tight will the dot be? Right now, anything has got to be better than the "|" shape I am getting.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

The GB Barr coated anamorphic prisms from p1t8ull deliver a 14mm square at 40 feet ( Olike collaminator ). That is .738 mRad...No problem.
    No line...a square. Fine for beam shown and graphics.
    CDBEAM
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Can anyone direct me to a simple step by step for adjusting a prism pair? Say you have a stack of 445 colimnated beams like " lll " and you wished to expand the stack from 3mm to 6mm. How do you set the first prism angle and then the second? Is there any optimization other than two parallel, but offset beams?
    Thanks

Thanks,
    Can you tell me what the numbers printed next to the diagrams mean and if each diagram represents a different magnification? Also, if the angles are less than perfect what do you see and what do you adjust?

The numbers are the angle of incidence. If you're off, the magnification will be either more or less. It's not crucial, really. In theory, Brewster's angle will offer lowest loss (third option)

Thanks. That is just what I was looking for.

it seems as though a cylinder lens and g2 lens combo is the way to go.
    whos currently selling the cylinder lens and what methods have people used for mounting them?

I have moved up to the Osram 1.4W diode that seems to have a bit better beam profile. I am using the prisms from laser show parts. I have cylinder lenses from Dr. Lava. I am not sure if he is still selling them but you may want to shoot him a PM. I know Dave (laser show parts) also has cylinder lens kits available http://lasershowparts.com/store/inde...&productId=307. As far as a full kit with mounts http://lasershowparts.com/store/inde...&productId=308. They are for correcting the mitsubishi multimode diodes that have a wicked FA, but I am sure you can adopt them to correct a 445.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.