Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Laserworld CL-RGB 2000

Hey guys, I am really new to all of this and I made the mistake of buying laserworld box, even at a steep discount, it is now a pile of junk and only got 2 shows in a month and a half out of it. Can anyone guestimate waht the hell is going on based on the video I attached. My key lock was loose and my buddy tightened it and then shit went down hill. Don't forget, this was a projector that came in the crappiest packing I have ever seen with the metal laser stop bouncing around inside the unit. Seemed fine, really went thorugh it with a fine tooth come, but again, I am a noob and just barely picking up the connections and how it all pieces together.

Thanks in advance and please forgive the crazy camera movement, was trying to make sure I could document all useful angles, sent this same clip to LEP since they supposedly are promising that is warrantied. At this point Amex buyer protection looks like a solution and ordering a legitimate, variance capable box!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zb3m5gdqc...%2045%20PM.mov

Looks like scanners are oscillating. This is usually caused by:

1) bad ground somewhere (easy fix)
    2) bad scanner amp power supply (or supplies if they use 2)
    3) bad amplifier(s)

My guess is it is the power supply(s) for the scanners. These look like run of the mill Chinese scanners.. Therefore, the power supplies are probably crap (heng fui or something similar). these do not put out anywhere near the current needed for scanning. See if you can trace the wires from the amplifiers to their repsective power supply(s). See if the power supply is "switching" (most power supplies have an LED in them to show they are on) on and off in unison with the oscillating scanners.

If its the power supply(s), simply replace them. Or have LW replace them. My suggestion though is to return the Laser completely. I will bet you my left nut that you will have nothing but trouble with this forever. And i bet you my right nut that this is not putting out even remotely close as to what is specced for!!!

My .02 cents.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by downeydjdude View Post
    Hey guys, I am really new to all of this and I made the mistake of buying laserworld box, even at a steep discount, it is now a pile of junk and only got 2 shows in a month and a half out of it. Can anyone guestimate waht the hell is going on based on the video I attached. My key lock was loose and my buddy tightened it and then shit went down hill. Don't forget, this was a projector that came in the crappiest packing I have ever seen with the metal laser stop bouncing around inside the unit. Seemed fine, really went thorugh it with a fine tooth come, but again, I am a noob and just barely picking up the connections and how it all pieces together.

Thanks in advance and please forgive the crazy camera movement, was trying to make sure I could document all useful angles, sent this same clip to LEP since they supposedly are promising that is warrantied. At this point Amex buyer protection looks like a solution and ordering a legitimate, variance capable box!
    If you asked dsli_jon really nicely, he might even let you bring it by. If I remember correctly, he is out in the valley. He could probably help you take a look and also measure your power output. If you did visit... be careful. The toys that this man has in his arsenal will make you drool all over the place.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Well my thoughts at this point were to scrap the whole unit minus the diodes and start new and assemble myself. I used to build PC towers all the time and based on what I have read it seems to be kind of similar. I am thinking that would be the cheapest rout to keep myself in the RGB field which is why I bought the Laserworld CS-2000. I think they really pawned off some junk on me because I thought I got a deal after they refunded me 200 on the 900 and change the unit cost me. Seemed fine for the first few weeks and then the all hell broke loose.

I am thinking that the dmx board had something to do with it since some of the dip switches would cause it to suddenly work if nudged right. But trying to replicate now I am getting nothing. Will do some more scouring and see what I can turn up. But my expectations are its junk at this point and I don't use equipment that is that bad in build.

FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT - LEP CUSTOMER SERVICE PLAYING IGNORANT:

Hello,

I have been out of town and not able to deal with the headache that
    this laser is giving me but after playing around with the key it
    eventually got stuck in the unit and took some serious messing with to
    get it out. At this moment, when power is turned on, the laser that
    is directed at the galvo's is bouncing everywhere but out of the
    projector. So no beam is leaving the actual housing. It seemed like
    the key was the culprit, but at this time I can't even duplicate or
    get it to start to work like it was doing when I initialy began to
    experience problems with the unit.

Is a link to some video of the unit, maybe you can understand better
    after reviewing the video because I am probably not giving the best
    description.

Up to the point when I asked for support, everything had been great.
    Not happy that barely 2 months and 2 shows and it's basically useless.

Thank You,
    Chris Feliciano.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 12:03 AM, Customer Service
    Customer Service customer_sv@lep-laser.com

11:07 PM (3 hours ago)

to me
    Hello,

sorry to hear that you have problems with our laser.

I am not sure if I understand correctly, Could you fix the loose key lock (as mentioned in the last email)?
    If yes, do you have other problems the key?

And you say right now there is no beam coming out of the unit.

Is this because the galvo mirrors are not pointing towards the window? If so, and if you are using software, what scanspeed are you using?

Or are the lasers misaligned, so they don't hit the mirrors corretcly?

Sorry to ask, but I am not ssure if I understand the problem correctly.[quote]

Hello,

This is easy to solve, your X galvo isn't well positioned, so the laser beam is not reflected on the Y mirror !

You need to rotate the X galvo a bit anti-clockwise.

I'm not sure I got the truth from you video, but seems that the exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, on the same Laserworld projector.

I had a laser event and settled up my projectors as usual, but the promoter wanted that I used also its two Laserworld projectors (doing a bit over 1W, while advertised as 2W RGB, as usual), so I installed them and all was working.
    But later I noticed there was no output from one of those Laserworld, and investigated a bit to find out the X-axis galvo was reflecting the laser beam back into the case, while still working!

Only solution I found was to unscrew and manually rotate the whole X-axis galvo of about 90° so that the beam was correctly reflecting to the Y-axis galvo. And they lasted all the night ok...

Well just another story that makes me hates Laserworld low-end projectors!

Quote Originally Posted by SideFX View Post
    Yes, I've soldered the green modulation line directly on the db25 connector, and all modules are now analog modulated. The blue and red are still going through the existing board.. I probably should finish the job someday and completely remove this board.. but at this point I see no modulation deifferences between the green and red/blue.
    Check; you placed the signal wire of the green to the lower input, put a jumper on the top connection and connected the other end of the 2-wire signal directly on the db25 connector bypassing the ildaboard; what pin(s) did you use on this db25 connector (assuming 6 and 19, which one is +?) to make it analog driven? (picture?)

BTW: The scannerboard currenty has a type printed on it: "S10K-1", looks like confirming they use a 10K scanset, but still sell them as a 30K scannerset!?

Quote Originally Posted by teknofon View Post
    where can i buy a easy to mount beam correction prism?
    You can contact with Rob(ID: Stanwax) for the prism pair
    if you intersting green and red, you can look our webwite too, www.laser-wave.com
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Eureka!!! Hey have the CS-1500 RGB sorry i mean the CS-2000 RGB ahem! Exactly the same problem with the TTL mod on the green so will resolder now!!!... Am trying to tune the scanners but there are 5 trimmer pots per axis. Did you ever tune them and hence work out which is which. I can't seem to see the effect of the PR5 one... This is my first attempt at tuning so trying to work out which is which....
    peace
    will

EDIT: Have fixed the green modulation however scanners still very out....
    Last edited by Discoordination; 02-23-2013 at 14:54. Reason: Fixed green modulation