Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Double lines in the Quadrature Test Pattern

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    excellent result!! i' m inspired now !!! i have a set of really cheap galvos, i think i will take to them with a screwdriver. my only problem (according to buffo's manual) is the time. patience and calm i need to have in order to attempt it
    Definitely worth going through the process from start to finish like Adam suggests. I found this provided me with a greater appreciation of the relationship between, and the effect of, the 3 key adjustments of Gain, LF and HF Damping. Once you've gone through this a couple of times, tuning is easier as you'll know what to adjust based on what you see in the test patterns (rather than taking the whole lot back to 0 and stepping through each pot taking the settings back to optimum).

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Definitely worth going through the process from start to finish like Adam suggests. I found this provided me with a greater appreciation of the relationship between, and the effect of, the 3 key adjustments of Gain, LF and HF Damping. Once you've gone through this a couple of times, tuning is easier as you'll know what to adjust based on what you see in the test patterns (rather than taking the whole lot back to 0 and stepping through each pot taking the settings back to optimum).
    I agree, you'll respect your scanners a bit more once you have spent a few hours tuning them...

Nice to know your issue was only a lil tweak Mike!