Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Official sign-up thread for the 5th annual SELEM in Newton, NC - August 19th - 21st.

Default count me in

Would not miss for anything.

Seeking riders to carpool with from Central Texas. I have room for three more and thier gear. I have a wagon and a 4X8 utility trailer.

ALSO I am reserving a 4 person suite at HIE- room for two more(if Sam is attending) or three (if Sam cannot come) Last yr a shared suite was 25$(plus tax) per person per nite. First come first served.
    The suite will be shared for Thur/Fri an Sat nites regardless of when you arrive.

We have been in communication with Sam Goldwasser and I will make a new thread that I would like you ALL to post in. I am envious of anyone who has already had the pleasure of meeting Sam in person and we may be able to convince him to be our honored VIP guest.

Once there are some posts in the thread-' Who would like to meet Dr. Sam G. at SELEM?' I will fwd him a link. Even if you cannot attend SELEM posting in this thread will be a great opportunity to express your thanks to Sam. We are working on providing Sam with a car ride to and from plus lodging(done) and meals(partially done). (Thanks to MarioMaster for being one of the first to offer a Sam ride!)

SELEM is the cake, Sam Goldwasser is the icing on the cake.

Thanks to all who will do what they can to make this happen. I await comments on this from anyone. T Y

hak(Len)

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    Would not miss for anything.

Seeking riders to carpool with from Central Texas. I have room for three more and thier gear. I have a wagon and a 4X8 utility trailer.

hak(Len)
    I am still a maybe, (if I have a job then I am not sure if I could get time off) but if I go I like your package deal . I will probably know when I change my location from NM to TX... Would you be staying for the LSO course on monday (that has not been setup yet)? in Texas that certification/training is helpful, I reviewed the regulations recently.

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 05-12-2011 at 15:30. Reason: Grammar
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

I might drive in Friday after work and stay through Sunday. Not committing at this point due to a CGN-25 nuke reunion around the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    I am still a maybe, (if I have a job then I am not sure if I could get time off) but if I go I like your package deal . I will probably know when I change my location from NM to TX... Would you be staying for the LSO course on monday (that has not been setup yet)? in Texas that certification/training is helpful, I reviewed the regulations recently.

-Adam
    Adam-
    I have a spot reserved for you, pending your plans of course.. Staying after for the course Monday is OK with me too, if I can afford it I will attend. I really enjoyed and learned a lot from Casey last year. ATM I am saying that my projectors(once done) will only be used for my own private parties but only a few years back I would have said that I would probably never own a projector but then..... well you know.

If you want in on the four person suite at the HIE that would be great.

Hope you dont mind sharing it with Sam Goldwasser-- as if!! Sam may be convinced to attend, that is being worked on by many.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...asser-at-SELEM

^^^
    I have started a thread on that and the more posts we get on it, the better chance of success IMO.
    keep in touch--->(*U*)<
    Texas Len
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 05-30-2011 at 18:42. Reason: adding link

Cool

Im in!! Not sure how I missed this thread...lol Which I think everyone knows Im alwasy in!!lol!
    Not sure if my dad is comeing yet.

Ill take a large

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Wouldn't miss it! The position I was set up in the downstairs lobby worked out well last year, too, but I'm flexible. Will there be a mix of presentations in the upstairs classroom this year, or primarily from one company?

Looks like I'm a no-show this year -
    the end of April storms did a number on our roof and my vacation time...

There should be a room opening up at the Trotthouse tomorrow.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Default I'm in!

I'll be there if I have to crawl with my projector on my back. Still unemployeed so it will be tough, but pleanty of time to figure something out.

Chris

Starting a new thread SELEM Attendees, so I can get started on the name tags. Please sign up so you get on the list.

Thanks

I'm planning on being there with a friend, got the time off of work, but not sure about the funds yet.... Or the friend. In which case, might see if anyone has interest in splitting a room. But more to come still on that.

I'm interested. Is there an ongoing list of participants including the commercial vendors?