Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Official sign-up thread for the 5th annual SELEM in Newton, NC - August 19th - 21st.

All I can say is THANK YOU to everyone for bringing me into an incredible close knit "family". Count on me there next year with bells on! I still feel like I didn't do near enough to give back as much as I feel I have taken in lifetimes of knowledge from the PL'ers. So I will continue to have musicians on my record label release music to PL members for the express purpose allowing shows to be written and traded. I own the rights to anything I send or post so no worries but again these are for the PL family. Allthatwhichis (again, many thanks) started us off with two wonderful shows premiered and set the bar so lets see who is in the batters box next. He will be doing more specifically in Pangolin format and those will be on the Pango site (thanks Bill) IF YOU WANT A SPECIFIC STYLE OF MUSIC I WILL HAVE IT MADE FOR YOU Any style within reason, . PM or email me at mario.r3dj@gmail.com.

Ciao,
    Moore
    Mario

www.r3dj.com

1.5W RGB unit from Marc at CT Lasers!
    400mW RGBv mod based on Chinese unit

Thanks again to everyone who made SELEM possible! I'll see you all again next year!!

Also, did anyone still in Newton/Conover feel that earthquake? Luckily that happened when it did, that might have ended badly if it happened a few days earlier!

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    But best of all is the social aspect. For 3 days, we're all one big family, enjoying a huge party.
    could not agree more... sure the lasers are neat but spending 3 days talking to people with the same addiction...err.. hobby is great, especially trying to absorb the wealth of available knowledge from many of the attendees... including Bill's stories... which this year included Laser Puppeteer... something *REALLY* cool I had never heard of

http://www.pangolin.com/puppeteer/index.htm

wonder if someone could so something similar with face tracking with a Kinect or something??

anyway, between knowledge and "war stories" from many of our more seasoned laserists I always throughly enjoy my time at SELEM, thanks to Adam and everyone that made it happen!!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Adam - Did you speak with Reggie and company about reserving next years dates? My calendar is already jammmed with 42 weddings and other events next year and that includes all the Saturdays from beginning of Feb 'til mid November. I really need to get plans in order now, to make sure clients know I will NOT be running their events.

also if anyone found an XL SELEM 2011 shirt, I would really like my shirt back

I haven't set the date for next year yet. I'd like to know what people think about the idea of going back to a weekend that is earlier in the month. Next year we could do this around the 11th of August, or around the 18th of August. Which weekend would work better for people?

Frank:
    DZ is working on getting you a shirt.

Adam

Adam,

Any weekend earlier in the month of August is better for me. 2012 Roadtrip?.....hmmm

Another awesome SELEM! My thanks for all of your efforts, to Len and Brad for the grub, to all of the special guests & a big thanks to everyone that participated!

Greg

SpaceJay is offline THIS USER WAS CLUEBYFOURED

How about early in the year? March, April, or May?

Buffo please check your pm's. I sent you a message some time ago

Red face My bad!

Sorry about that, SpaceJay... I just now replied to you. Must have missed it with all the SELEM traffic!

The best time for the venue's schedule is in August. Also, the event has traditionally been held in August in the past, and I sort of enjoy that tradition. But I am open to other suggestions from the group...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Frank:
    DZ is working on getting you a shirt.