Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Official sign-up thread for the 5th annual SELEM in Newton, NC - August 19th - 21st.

SpaceJay is offline THIS USER WAS CLUEBYFOURED

I will not be attending SELEM this year. My friend in NC has had surgery on a bad tooth that broke in half during a typical dental visit while extracting. Needless to say he needs recovery time. Also I rather save the money for a car that I really need. If anyone wants a smoke bomb still let me know and I'll ship them to you after SELEM is over for you guys.
    I'm deeply saddened by all of this but that's life I suppose

J

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    He brought two HeNe's so, you *might* be in luck. Don't know what one you were discussing with him but, these are both yellow.
    It was a tunable HeNe

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJay View Post
    I will not be attending SELEM this year. My friend in NC has had surgery on a bad tooth that broke in half during a typical dental visit while extracting. Needless to say he needs recovery time. Also I rather save the money for a car that I really need. If anyone wants a smoke bomb still let me know and I'll ship them to you after SELEM is over for you guys.
    I'm deeply saddened by all of this but that's life I suppose

J
    That sucks sorry to here that man.
    Lasers
    •405nm violet(blue-ray) laser-eBay I fixed it ya
    •473nm 10mW LSR473NL series blue laser module www.lasever.com review
    •488nm 5mW Novalux Protera DPSS Laboratory Unit
    •532nm 5mW green laser www.elitelasers.com
    •650nm 5mW red

Thanks to mother nature and her laser show today (lightning).

The Unit Under Test took a nice hit.

So if the engineers drag feet friday I should have the weekend off.

May be showing up unnannounced saturday afternoon with 2 friends in tow.

Heres to lazy engineers in the morning.....

L

heading out the door right now.
    Lasers
    •405nm violet(blue-ray) laser-eBay I fixed it ya
    •473nm 10mW LSR473NL series blue laser module www.lasever.com review
    •488nm 5mW Novalux Protera DPSS Laboratory Unit
    •532nm 5mW green laser www.elitelasers.com
    •650nm 5mW red

Ok just found out I have tonight off. Dropping the wife off in Richmond Va and gonna be headed south solo.

Bout 8 hours if she is packed soon.

Gonna be just me and the laptop this year and maybe a few things to sell.

Anyone in the market for some aluminum base plates all sizes half inch thick or some alum honeycomb board 1 inch thick 2ft by 14inches?

Lenny

Posting this on the correct topic :P :

Too bad SELEM is over, i really enjoyed it and am currently typing this from the days in.
    People were amazing and I really met very interesting and fun people.
    Thanks for lulightech for keeping up with me on the room all the time hahahaha.

LSX is really a great software and I myself even helping out with the presentation got to know more about the powers of Pangolins BEYOND.
    The shows were freaking awsome and the projectors were just so amazing I nearly drooled.

It was very cool to meet Tim aka LaserWizard, the music from the scanning patterns were so freaking awsome I think i'm going to try that too sometime

I uploaded a video of Tim Walsh his laser music.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfyE3_oaleg
    I have more stuff that I will be uploading very soon.

I'm currently in my hotel room in Orlando

Best regards,

Pieter(jan)
    actually just keep it at Pieter

Thanks Pieter, it was great to meet you, too, and everybody, more laserists than I can imagine. Thanks for the upload!

Bill Benner came up to me in the foyer when he got there on Sunday, and said, hi, how are you doing? I looked down at the pizza in one hand, the beer in the other, my two feet on the way to the auditorium to see more laser shows...... what could I say?... let me count the ways that this place is wonderful! I had a great time.

- Tim

We were deeply honored to have you there, Tim. All the more so when you hooked up your dual LaserGraph DSP controllers and ran some of your shows for us! That was seriously cool.

For those of you who were not at SELEM, Tim was presented with two medals (courtesy of Pat Bishoff, aka Laserman532). The first one was for the Best Laser Show at SELEM 2011, for his incredibly mind-blowing Lasergraph shows. And the second medal was a special Lifetime Laser Achievement Award, to recognize his many years of service in ILDA, not to mention his years of experience producing and performing laser shows.

And yeah, Tim hit the nail on the head. SELEM is a great time in so many ways, from the lasers, to the shows, to all the tech talk in the backstage tweaking areas, to the food... But best of all is the social aspect. For 3 days, we're all one big family, enjoying a huge party. Who could ask for more?

See you all next year....

Adam

I'm listening to the audio of the lasergraph dsp lasershow at the moment, it's very catchy

Was great to meet everyone. This was my first Selem and I just recently became interested in laser scanning. Looks like i need to start saving more money for this hobby. Frank's laser was incredible and I loved the little kvants too.

Cant wait to receive my FB3 and get my first ilda projector so I can start preparing for next year.

Johnathon Vigrass
    Atlanta Ga