Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Judgement Day

6 PM is about to hit the East coast of the US. I hope you've all got your rapture suits ready

Lightbulb

6:15... I'm still here and there doesn't seem to be anyone missing or falling over. Any chance there is a line... Alphabetical order or something?

Hello from heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    6:15... I'm still here and there doesn't seem to be anyone missing or falling over. Any chance there is a line... Alphabetical order or something?
    Don't count your chickens just yet, we moved our clocks ahead 1 hour in Spring.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Default Not funny

Someone said the world was going to end at 3:00 am local time here

It's now 2:55 am and there is a heavy thunderstorm right above us...
    I'm not a believer, but I'm not going to lie, it scares the shit out of me!

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Someone said the world was going to end at 3:00 am local time here

It's now 2:55 am and there is a heavy thunderstorm right above us...
    I'm not a believer, but I'm not going to lie, it scares the shit out of me!
    That's likely because it was approaching 21 May 6:00PM in California, Harold Camping's headquarters.

Mom was a little miffed at the timing of this whole doomsday thing (for fear that she might miss the Lawrence Welk show at 7:00PM, but she went ahead and planted her taters much earlier today, if that tells you anything. Meanwhile, the baby robins nested in my window finally flew off- maybe that's a sign...

So, what will Harold Camping do for an encore?

Dean

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post

So, what will Harold Camping do for an encore?

Dean
    Try to carry another "1"...

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

1:00 = awesomeness in its purest

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    1:00 = awesomeness in its purest
    'CSBN', lol...

So, yeah, I guess that guy 'missed a few verses' (cutting / pasting from his own version of the Bible...):

Ps. 104:5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed forever.

...buuut because of a few lousy people here and there, he's gonna blow it up / destroy it all? Pretty wimpy 'Almighty', doncha think? Especially if this is the same Creator that, ya know, designed / made scrillions of unbelievably powerful / fascinating, self-sustaining / regulating nuclear-furnaces, all strewn-about the universe like sprinkles on a sundae... buut a few
    sub-microscopic 'evildoers' are gonna make him decide to ditch his apparent (and stated) 'purpose' for making this rock, in the first place?:

Is. 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited.

...Seems obvious to me that this planet was pretty-well 'designed' for us humanoids... even just the water and nitrogen-cycles.. oh, and photosynthesis -
    nice 'accidents', eh? Not much 'wrong', here, but what man, himself has done...

Interesting how so many of these 'representatives of God', simply 'pick and choose' among the, uh, 'Regs' to spin the message to suit their own-ends...
    Kinda reminds me of 'someone else I know...'

'Wolves in sheeps clothing', what a perfect analogy... 'cept that's an insult to the Wolf...

Rant: Off...
    j

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Since Mr. Camping is feeling a little under the weather after his stunning
    performance (or lack thereof) yesterday, I thought I'd step in to offer today's
    devotional reading.

Matthew 7:15-23

A few excerpts...

15 Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly
    are ravenous wolves.

16 You will know them by their fruits...

19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

22 Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name...'

23 And I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice
    lawlessness'.

On a lighter note, I still can't get get over my fascination with that legendary royal
    wedding hat...

http://weirdnews.aol.com/2011/05/21/..._n_865057.html

Dean