Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Judgement Day

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    At 6:00 P.M. Saturday night, the rapture will happen!

Can I have your lasers so I can do a huge rave the following weekend for me and all my fellow *condemmed* souls? .
    I'm not sure what time zone Camping was speaking of when he said 6:00PM (is it Jeruselem time or Oakland, CA time? And what about Daylight Saving Time?).

Oh well, all I have to leave behind is a green laser pointer worth 18mW or so on its best day and a set of 80's era 12K scanners.

Dean

We go to Heaven with no cloths on? What will all the virgins in Heaven think of that?
    This space for rent.

'I'm not sure what time zone Camping was speaking of when he said 6:00PM (is it Jeruselem time or Oakland, CA time? And what about Daylight Saving Time?)'

Gee, and all this time I thought the resurrection would be "in the twinkling of an eye at the last trump" (1 Cor 15:52), a single moment in time just as the arrival of the vernal equinox falls at a different time of day depending on where you live. For a numerological date setter like Camping, I might have expected something like sundown Saturday in Jeruselem or Mesopatamia (the end of the Sabbath day or week on the ancient Jewish calendar) for the exact moment. Oh well, that's what I get for being a dumbo.

On further research, it turns out that the event is in fact 6:00PM (sundown varies on the time of year according to the seasons and location, but 6:00PM or 'evening' is a kind of average) in your local time zone, as Mr. Camping hath said, so it will span a full day across the Earth. You folks in New Zealand will be amongst the first to get it, and folks in Hawaii will be amongst the last, just like the arrival of New Years Day.

For your convenience, here's a link to time zone info for various cities in the world:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...om.html?sort=2

I'm a little unsure about the Daylight Saving Time thing, this complicates matters a bit, together with the fact that the International Date Line has some zig-zags in it (oh, and let's not forget that there are sub time zones that increment on the half or quarter hour). I just wish I had a good old fashioned globe like I had in grade school in front of me to make this mess a little easier to visualize. For all I know, folks in Arizona may get an extra hour, since they do not observe Daylight Saving Time...

Dean

All I can say is

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	600full-monty-python%2527s-life-of-brian-screenshot.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	25109
    This space for rent.

It is 6.08 PM and Melbourne, Australia is still rockin'

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    My wife and I are going out for dinner at 6pm. All going well we won't need to pay the bill.
    This space for rent.

so as of now china should be gone for over an hour ??
    its 7:16am NY time so it should be 7:16pm in china

I hope the lasers i just ordered are ok

If I go out and spend every last penny on my credit card today, if it all fails to come off, can I put my subsequent debt down to an act of God? I'm sure there's something in the terms and conditions....
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    OK, maybe we can still pull this out of the toilet. Maybe it is a single moment in time like sunset in Jeruselem.

http://www.srrb.noaa.gov/highlights/...e/sunrise.html

That makes it 16:33 GMT or 12:33PM PL time (less than an hour away)!

Bonus trivia: There is a difference between judgement and judgment...

http://oxforddictionaries.com/view/e...m_en_gb0433600

Dean