Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Photon Lexicon Quiters Support Group

Quote Originally Posted by inova20 View Post
    hi all well im part of the going to quit after this pack club......smokeing is worse then drugs.. allways had a cig in my mouth working on my laser shit on tour.my kids bust my nuts abought it every day...and there right...they ask me why do i smoke...and i say nothing.....why ..because what can i tell them ....come on dad you can build anything but you cant stop smoking........that hits home . then they say if you smoke you will die....my kids are 6&8.they hear it in school....my wife hates it..cant smoke in the house.but ill still go out in 6 below 0 to have one.well just found out i have limes ..got bit by a bad tick hear in jersey...so its time and i never thought i would be saying this on pl but thanks for the post.got to get rid of one and lasers are staying.
    Just quit... Your wife and kids will be delighted. Enough said.

Yeah, it's hard... I'm just thankful I didn't try E-cigs when I quit else I would probably still be addicted to nicotine some two and a half years later.

I've been vaping for 4 months now. No cigarettes and my sense of taste and smell have come back. I can smell a cigarette smoker as soon as they walk into a room, yuck! Glad I gave that up. I'm starting to cut back the vaping now and it's going really good. $8 a week versus $8 a day. If you are going to try it, don't skimp for the e-cigs, get a REAL vaporizer for $60-$100 and "vape" your brains out for the first week, it's like starting to smoke all over again.

Smoking killed my mom in 2012 and it wasn't pretty, tri-athlete to vegetable in less than 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    I've been vaping for 4 months now. No cigarettes and my sense of taste and smell have come back. I can smell a cigarette smoker as soon as they walk into a room, yuck! Glad I gave that up. I'm starting to cut back the vaping now and it's going really good. $8 a week versus $8 a day. If you are going to try it, don't skimp for the e-cigs, get a REAL vaporizer for $60-$100 and "vape" your brains out for the first week, it's like starting to smoke all over again.
    Cool. On ya man. Yeah, I picked up 2 real vapes and going hard!
    Smoking killed my mom in 2012 and it wasn't pretty, tri-athlete to vegetable in less than 6 months.
    Sorry to hear that.

Have not seen you round much, nice to hear from you!
    This space for rent.

I gave up prescription morphine with ease, despite the side effects - smoking is another thing all together.

Started when I was 14, gave up at 28 when I realised I had smoked half my life, then started again ~ 5 years ago.

Tried vaping and it hurt my throat. I think I'll give up on a long road trip to Italy this year. It's far easier when you are kept busy by nice driving on the wrong side of the road and lovely views

Sorry to hear about your Mum 300EVIL. I guess when you think of what others have to go through watching you suffer, there is no excuse to smoke. My daughter is a teenager now and I couldn't imagine how she would feel if I continued smoking. I get nagged by her too and feel terrible knowing what I am doing and how I would feel if she started smoking.

Keith

I bought a vaper in the summer, essentially so that I could smoke in venues when I was working - and basically gave up the roll-ups overnight, without even thinking about it or intending to! A try of a roll up 2 months later prompted me to throw out all of my remaining tobacco and papers, simply horrible.
    I've got 4 clearomizers, all with a different flavour in, so I can avoid the cross contamination when changing flavours, and I'm spending about £20 every 6 months on fluids.
    I could use 0mg nicotine as I'm not addicted (can not smoke for months at a time) but I like the buzz when I do so I'm on 10mg for 'recreational' purposes.

I hear they're going to try and legislate against it at some point - that would be bad unless its part of a move to regulate the industry and ensure safe/quality product.
    Safety warnings about spills on skin, etc don't do much to make me think that sucking the stuff into my lungs is going to be very good, but we all take risks every day....
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    I gave up prescription morphine with ease, despite the side effects - smoking is another thing all together.
    Believe it or not, nicotine is just as addictive, if not more so, than heroin.

That's why it's so hard to quit.

Adam

Actually north, in the US and Aus its the big tobbaco companies (PM) lobbying for it to come under the tobacco laws. Its all about control and money. Here they convinced our Govt that there was very little medical evidence it was safe! Talk about irony.... No tar, no nasty chemicals (if you use good food grade juices) and no smoke. Its water vapour, in fact very close to water based smoke machines being vegetable glycerin based...

I too scored some nicotine base which is illegal to sell in Australia, yet the laws permit you to import for personal use. For how long I not sure, some of the guys on ozvapers are importing 5 years worth not supplies predicting nicogeddon is neer.

Suddenly dropped from several hundred dollars a week at $20/pack down to $10/week in fluids according to my initial calcs....
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Believe it or not, nicotine is just as addictive, if not more so, than heroin.

That's why it's so hard to quit.

Adam
    Yep, horrid stuff. It doesn't help that it is still partially socially acceptable (becoming less so) and that it is so available!

The range of awesome vaping hardware satisfies my inner geek too
    There are vaping conventions these days and some of the mods are incredible.
    My next one will be variable voltage I think.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S