Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Photon Lexicon Quiters Support Group

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Believe it or not, nicotine is just as addictive, if not more so, than heroin.

That's why it's so hard to quit.

Adam
    Yep.

Sorry to hear about your mom, 300EVIL.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Halfway through day two - no cigarettes or soda. I may manage to not lose my mind but... it's rather questionable right now. I hadn't exactly pre-planned this... just sort of got up yesterday and said "Lets break up the routine." And now that it's been this long.... why not.
    PM Sent...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Halfway through day two - no cigarettes or soda. I may manage to not lose my mind but... it's rather questionable right now. I hadn't exactly pre-planned this... just sort of got up yesterday and said "Lets break up the routine." And now that it's been this long.... why not.
    kick ass.. good luck!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Right on! You will feel so much better when its behind you. Plus, with the saved money you can buy more lasers.

I quit caffeine about 3 months ago. Best thing I ever did.

Just take it one day at a time. Wishing you the best.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

I was never a heavy smoker - maybe half a pack a day and, last November picked up one of the vap pens that I've used from time to time in place of it over the past few months. I know the biggest thing is breaking routines. Like for example not lighting up at exactly the same traffic light on my way to work each morning. Or, racing out to the loading dock just before an event starts to get one in. I sometimes do paperwork at my desk in bursts and then, once done, walk outside for one so it's the "routines" that have been a little hard to get through.
    Probably shouldn't be trying to cut back on the Diet Pepsi at the same time but having a soda fountain available nearly 24/7 means I'm always carrying a 20oz. styrofoam cup filled as well.
    PM Sent...

Glad you hear that you are making changes that will benefit your health and well-being! Quitting isn't easy so give yourself a break if you get a craving, it happens to the best of us and doesn't mean you are weak.

-Sal

Are you sticking with the vape pen? I forsee you on the soda flavoured juices in no time...

Good luck though, the double whammy will be hard - but at least you get to break one with fizzy refreshing stuff not something really nasty
    Dynamics/EasyLase LC/FD820/RGB 400mW Homebrew w/EMS4ks

I haven't used the vap pen at all today. I did yesterday but, you don't really get past the nicotine withdrawal by still using the pen so I've been resisting that today too.
    PM Sent...

This is true - the 0% nicotine stuff might be good though if you find you're a compulsive type. That's what stopped me - I go mad without something to do with my hands. You'll crack it though one way or the other! Lots of things that work now - the flatmate did Champix and hasn't had a single cig since.
    Dynamics/EasyLase LC/FD820/RGB 400mW Homebrew w/EMS4ks