Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Photon Lexicon Quiters Support Group

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Been awhile so I thought I'd make an update. Ok so... 2016 didn't go so well. Went back to smoking and diet Pepsi. Although, I spent most of the year only using regular cigarettes at work and the vape pen at home. Sometime in I guess November, I realized that mixing the two wasn't working out so well and perhaps more due to a cold, realized that there was sometimes a change in my voice and occasional tightness developing in the chest. This January 19th I went tobacco cigarette free and just stuck with the Vuse vape pen. The cost was less than cigarettes but not much. The transition wasn't too difficult and I actually ended up giving the remainder of the carton stored in my car away to someone. I switched to a different brand in late February as it was cheaper than the Vuse and had cartridges in decreasing amounts of nicotine. In Utila, my intent was to switch to the lowest level available and damn if I didn't leave the charger for the pen in my car at BWI airport. I ended up getting a few packs of regular cigarettes in Utila but, similar to Vegas, what happens in Utila stays in Utila - well... not really.. since we plaster it all over here and Facebook. But I got rid of those at BWI airport.
    Anyway, while I was in Utila I had a chance to try Platinums actual real vape setup and since they sell e-juices with zero nicotine, I ended up buying one last week. Box mod, atomizer and a few flavored juices in very low and no nicotine concentrations. I've spent the better part of the day today going with zero and I think the cheap disposable vape pens are finished. They are nowhere near as nice as a proper modbox and, some of the flavors of e-juices have proven to be very tasty. But I am quite confident tobacco cigarettes are behind me and no nicotine at all, is getting close. Breaking the physical habit of vaping with zero nicotine e-juice should eventually be easy, since sucking on simply flavored air "should" grow old and truthfully silly after awhile. One would hope.
    So for those still using regular cigarettes... there IS a way to step down and get away from them - and not feel you have to eat your pillow.
    PM Sent...

And pretty close to a hazer effect without the hassle!

Glad to hear anyone doing their damn near best at quitting. Worse part about tobacco is the toxic tar and other substances in it. I may be wrong about this but low doses of nicotine isn't toxic or at least cancerous so if you need it now and again then don't feel bad about the ejuice with it.
    There's something in some of us that makes us take on a habit. I tend to bite my nails or pull hair. I don't do it to hurt myself, it's just something that I will do from time to time. Maybe it's a relaxer, I don't know.
    I know that smoking used to calm my mom when she got stressed. Now she has panic attacks and is on some kind of meds for it so I wonder if she's really better off with that crap but honestly I think she got the cancer from the cigarettes.
    Sorry for the run on.

Good job Brad

I need to break my 2-Liter-Of-Pepsi-Max-A-Day-Every-Day-At-The-Office habit....
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    Good job Brad

I need to break my 2-Liter-Of-Pepsi-Max-A-Day-Every-Day-At-The-Office habit....
    Geez that's a lot to drink man. My sister and her husband are like that. I swear they would bleed soda.