Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Photon Lexicon Quiters Support Group

The boss' dreams and mine have been fairly off the wall since we both quit our habit; we also don't sleep near as well. I guess the quality of sleep problem is to be expected without the help of a relaxent, but I'd have figured it would have gotten better after close to 3 months.

Good job Dean and Wayne for sticking with it.

Adam... Brad... Who's next?

It's funny how that works. I got out of the Navy 20 yrs ago but still occasionally have dreams of standing outside the personnel office waiting for my discharge papers. I finally get to the desk and tell them I was supposed to get out a long time ago and then wake up and realize I am not in the Navy anymore. That dream pisses me off every time.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    It's funny how that works. I got out of the Navy 20 yrs ago but still occasionally have dreams of standing outside the personnel office waiting for my discharge papers. I finally get to the desk and tell them I was supposed to get out a long time ago and then wake up and realize I am not in the Navy anymore. That dream pisses me off every time.
    Gee, thanks JY!

I just had another goofy one: I dreamed that I decided to go back in the Air Force, but
    it had been so long since I was in that I had to go back through boot camp again to qualify.

On the journey to Texas, I felt justified in blowing through a pack of menthol lights,
    knowing what I would be in for once I got to camp...

What is with this menthol thing? I never smoked them...

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    Gee, thanks JY!

I just had another goofy one: I dreamed that I decided to go back in the Air Force, but
    it had been so long since I was in that I had to go back through boot camp again to qualify.

On the journey to Texas, I felt justified in blowing through a pack of menthol lights,
    knowing what I would be in for once I got to camp...

What is with this menthol thing? I never smoked them...
    LOL, smoking Menthol's is like smoking a tube of tooth paste! But without the smoldering plastic smell.
    This space for rent.

Default Say It Isn't So!

It looks like Fred and Barney were smokers too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAExoSozc2c

Oh well, I recently dreamed that I had a smoke and I got no buzz of any kind.

ok, i started my own experiment. 15 days since the day i woke up and did not light another one. just sheer willpower, no other aid
    i am definately over the nicotine addiction part, now i have to fight the habitual addiction.

let's see, let's see...
    "its called character briggs..."

Good job Main, keep it up.

Unfortunately I didn't know about this thread when I quit, but I stopped smoking 3 months ago!! (May 25 2011)

I smoked about a pack a day for 5 years or so, and had never tried to quit before.

One day I ran out of cigarettes and just decided to quit. I figured if I failed, the cigarettes would still be there. I gave it the old college try and it's been 3 months now and I'll never go back. I didn't use any gum or patches or medication.

The first few days were rough (sleeping felt very strange for some reason... and it was hard to get to sleep) but once I got past the first week or so, I was home free. The longest lasting effect was that I was really grumpy about stupid things for a month or so.

It really wasn't too hard to quit, but I've had experience in this department before (sober since 4/5/2006 :P).

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    ok, i started my own experiment. 15 days since the day i woke up and did not light another one. just sheer willpower, no other aid
    i am definately over the nicotine addiction part, now i have to fight the habitual addiction.

let's see, let's see...
    Good luck with it mate. I have ZERO since June 1 and I feel half a million dollars.
    This space for rent.

Good to see more quitters!