Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Photon Lexicon Quiters Support Group

Quote Originally Posted by jooopy View Post
    I lost the weight before I quit. Around 60.lbs. Then gained back 10 or 12.

exactly the same for me
    "its called character briggs..."

Today makes a year for me. Premium cigs are now going for about $6.15 a pack in my area.

wow $6.15 thats damn cheap they go from about $11-$12 in the outer boroughs to as high as $15-$16 in the city

That's awesome Dean!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Sigh... you WOULD have to remind me of this thread. Grr... I considered quitting along with my neice at the beginning of June but... didn't happen. I've reposted response #48 with new math:

"I'll join the ranks one of these days but, it's my only remaining vice. Drugs went out between 11th and 12th grade. I've been alcohol free the better part of 27 years (a few very brief relapses though), and I ain't had sex for 4 years, 5 months and 22 days (not by choice, I assure you!) So...caffeine and about 8-10 cigs a day are all I have left!"

Someday...

Well after taking up again the stinkie sticks months ago, I can no longer afford them, not at $19 a pack! I can't afford to smoke health wise either.

So, I have switched to e-cigs or "vaping" as its called. Picked up a nice twin set with LCD batteries and a bunch of juices and nico.

Loving it! Can't wait for my taste buds to work again..... Anyone who else here into vaping? The scene has really surprised me, with all the mods and DIY juices, most forums read just like LPF, just replace the word laser with vaper.... In fact these units could be converted to laser pointers real easy....

http://ecigforlife.com.au/ego-flagsh...th-lcd-screen/
    This space for rent.

I wouldn't say I'm into vaping as such, I don't have the one you can refill with flavours etc, but I've been using an e-cig since last April and haven't touched a proper cig since...

I got one called a Nicolite (http://www.nicolites.com) from my pharmacy, looks like a cig, kinda tastes like one too. I started with 16mg cartomisers and am now down to 6mg, hoping to hit the magic 0mg's next month... Then I just got to get out of the habit of holding the damned thing. Half the addiction with smoking is having something to do with your hands and I catch myself holding the e-cig in my hands without even using it...

Good luck on your trek, you will certainly feel healthier and if you save up what you spent on cigs, you could have a Ferrari this time next year

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Anyone who else here into vaping?
    I understand our esteemed janitor has some experience with it. Send him a PM.

Adam

hi all well im part of the going to quit after this pack club......smokeing is worse then drugs.. allways had a cig in my mouth working on my laser shit on tour.my kids bust my nuts abought it every day...and there right...they ask me why do i smoke...and i say nothing.....why ..because what can i tell them ....come on dad you can build anything but you cant stop smoking........that hits home . then they say if you smoke you will die....my kids are 6&8.they hear it in school....my wife hates it..cant smoke in the house.but ill still go out in 6 below 0 to have one.well just found out i have limes ..got bit by a bad tick hear in jersey...so its time and i never thought i would be saying this on pl but thanks for the post.got to get rid of one and lasers are staying.
    Last edited by inova20; 01-13-2014 at 18:44.

if i stop i can by a new diode every week .....just a thought...