Has anyone had any dealing with this company www.motionloops.com/lasers

they are also selling on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Saber-7-SE-True-...item564387c5ff

Thanks,

Geoff

Lightbulb

Hi Geoff -

Welcome to PL...

RE: 'Motionloops'.. hmm, no 'experience' with them, not 'well known in the industry', afaik, but... 1 day: selling motion-loops for VJs, etc... Next day: Laser system experts? Food for thought, and, judging solely-by their 'Product Line', they seem to perhaps just be yet another reseller of LW-products...

...and IF that's the case, you might wanna read this thread, first: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...erworld/page15, (then go back to Page 1 and read from the beginning..) - Not trying to necessarily 'discourage you' from contacting them / doing biz with them, just sayin... 'do some more homework' *first*, especially if it turns-out to be LW... Cuz "FDA-approved / legal projectors", they... well, I'm sure you can read...

First-off, I'd ask for Motionloops' current FDA Variance# / issuance date (to be selling these things here in the US) and also, their TX State Laser License to be selling such systems, in / from TX... Werd...

Again, welcome to PL...
    ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Thanks Jon,

i see what you mean about LW.....

Can you give me some pointers as to the best place to pick up a decent RGB unit say around 700mw to 1 watt.it will be my first color unit so i need some guidance as there seems to be minefield of sub standard gear

Thanks,

Geoff

Lightbulb

Hey Sir G -

Quote Originally Posted by GT500 View Post
    i see what you mean about LW.....
    Yeah, well, normally, I hate to 'rain on anybodys' parade', but with them, I don't mind at all - they are *squarely* on my personal 's-list' right now...
    Let the real-world experiences do the talking, ya?

Can you give me some pointers as to the best place to pick up a decent RGB unit say around 700mw to 1 watt.
    Welp, depending on what part of the US yer in (...might tell us a little more 'about yerself' in your 'profile'... ) there are a few well-respected OEMs / certified-projector distributors, here in the US... I can think of one in the Northwest, and two on the East Coast... but I won't mention any one-Co. in-particular,
    I'll let them each 'speak for themselves'...let the 'foodfight' begin, lol!

But, if you're willing to listen to / at least consider the 'seasoned-advice' of those that might contact you, herein, I am confident any of the ones I am thinking of will 'steer you straight'...

Happy trails!
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Just a rough guess, but seeing Dubai and UK you might want to get in contact with Stanwax here on PL

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    Just a rough guess, but seeing Dubai and UK you might want to get in contact with Stanwax here on PL
    Thanks... I did not get much response from this post, but i did some digging around and found what i was looking for and have just ordered 2x 1.6 watt RGB units..

Thanks for your reply

Thumbs up

Oops, forgot to say dsli_jon was really helpful as well

Thanks Jon..

Thanks... I did not get much response from this post, but i did some digging around and found what i was looking for and have just ordered 2x 1.6 watt RGB units..

Thanks for your reply
    What projectors did you get?

i have bought stuff from them for years (royalty free video loops) but lasers?? thats a new one to me

Lightbulb

It does say they help with varience applications; not that they are certified projectors though...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin