Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone bought from this guy?

Question Anyone bought from this guy?

His username on this forum is "xiaochuan" and he indicated to me that his web page is http://www.eightonlight.cn/
    Anyone had any kind of experience dealing with or buying from him or through the web page?

Domingo.

I own several lightspace RGB lasers ranging from 1 to 5 watts. Great product, & customer service experience after I had one module fail. Highly recommended.

I just got an offer from this guy too (via PM). The website doesn't even work (anymore) but google cache still persists for the moment.

He offered me a 20kpps galvo set for $70 w/ 2 year warranty. Sounds too good to be true, right?
    Gear:
    660nm 220mW leadlight
    660nm 230mW lab
    660nm 250mW lab (COD)
    532nm 40mW from DX
    405nm 140mW pocket
    405nm 130mW pocket
    405nm 120mW lab
    405nm 15mW presentation pointer
    Magenta 25mW
    IR 135mW

What are you talking about? The website has always worked, and is still working: http://www.eightonlight.cn/en/index.asp

Maybe you are thinking of their alibaba pages, which are in flux.

$70 for a 20K set sounds about the right wholesale price from them. Their 40K is less than $200, and works great.

Thanks for the input Audiovisualizers. Web page is also working ok for me.

I have to say though, after receiving a quote of 790USD + 60USD shipping for a 1W DPSS green laser with 10kHz analog modulation, I'm finding it hard not to think like Youtakun.

When I asked for the module's specs, I received a captured image of the pdf file at CNI's web page showing the specs for an MGL-H-532 laser module (with the CNI logo part cutoff). I know this on it's own doesn't have to mean anything bad as they might just be re-branding CNI modules but, from my limited knowledge about the price of the CNI's, the one quoted does seem a bit too good to be true.

Don't get me wrong, I really want to be convinced this is a trustworthy seller, but it's the first time I'm going to spend that much money on a laser module and I need to be quite sure who I'm sending my money to.

Audiovisualizers,
    Just wanted to say I really value your help, but I'm sure you understand that having been registered in this forum for a relatively short period, your word is just not enough for me to feel comfortable with this purchase. Please don't take any offense from my words as I assure you there is none intended.
    Maybe you or someone else can point out some other info that might help me.

Domingo.

D: You can ask Bill Benner for a reference on them perhaps. They are a Pangolin dealer for the FB3, so Justin might have some light to shed as well. Lightspace will have a booth at the PLAM Exhibition in Beijing: booth 2B102, Hall 1. The show runs today until the 27th, and I think Pangolin has a booth there as well. I've never dealt with Lightspace through this forum, I've always dealt directly with Ella their sales/admin person. She can be reached at: america@eightonlight.cn
    Tel: +86-750-3315551
    Fax: +86-750-3270173
    Cell: +86-134-2279-8669
    And is always very prompt with correspondence. Anyway, update us on how it goes, I know the last price I got on 1 watt of green in a 40K projector was a bit more than a grand. Perhaps it is one of their previous models they are clearing out, as their latest 1 watt (1300 to 1500mw typical) Venus 532nm model retails for just over $1,300. : http://laserlight.diytrade.com/sdp/1...how_Light.html

PS: I've always sent them $ via paypal, funded by my credit card, so maybe that can give you some peace of mind as both your credit card & paypal have chargeback policies in place to protect the purchaser.

Oh, & regards to the CNI modules. All the projectors I've got from them have CNI modules with the exception of my 640nm LaserWave brick, which apparently CNI resells as well.

If it helps any in regards to trust, I trusted them, and was very pleased. Then when my 640nm module failed shortly after taking delivery of a 3 watt RGB projector from them, they took me at my word, and promptly advanced me a new complete replacement module, p/s, which was sent via DHL and allowed me to fix my projector. Details of this happening are on PL here in a thread about the 600mw+ LaserWave 640nm modules.

Is it me, or does all the laser projector cases and galvos look the same?

All the parts, specs, "show card" seem to be from the same manufacture just re-branded 1000 times over?

Might just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomRage View Post
    Is it me, or does all the laser projector cases and galvos look the same?

All the parts, specs, "show card" seem to be from the same manufacture just re-branded 1000 times over?

Might just be me.
    They look like Spacelas scanners.

Thanks Audiovisualizers,

Good idea, I'll try contacting Bill or Justin at Pangolin and see what they have to say.
    Thank you for Ella's e-mail, I'll also try contacting the company directly to make sure I'm actually exchanging e-mails with someone that works for them.
    Thanks also for all the extra info, I'll let you know how it goes.

Domingo.