Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $1650 RGB Laser... what do you think

I think your right about the blue. 100mW would be a much better balance to the 50mW green and about 200mW red. 4:1:2 (RGB)
    You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

Default Color Balance

Or even a tad more blue... Here's a thread that talks a little bit more about color balance.

Better yet, here's the article I was looking for on LaserFX.com the last time this topic came up. It's got *GREAT* information about color balance for the beginner.

However, as I'm sure other's have already told you - sometimes it's better to throw color balance out the window and just go for the "shock and awe" effect of as much power as you can get, even if it's mostly green...

Adam

I have see this in action! I had a problem with a defective green laser that I bought from them. I stopped by their place to get a replacement and got to see this RGB laser working with a scanner. I don't know much about RGB but it looked pretty good.Charles the owner showed me a blue 100mW laser that was very cool too!

Wecome to PhotonLexicon, confesser!

There are several members here that have RGB projectors, and yeah - they're very cool. Have a look around in the gallery when you get a chance; there are lots of great pictures in there of other people's projectors. It's really amazing what you can do with a full-blown RGB setup.

Adam