Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: New laser show software available: Procedural dynamic frames, Much More

He probably means the Moncha DAC can’t be used for the license system (so you need to buy a standalone license dongle or lock it to your QM/Riya serial number). But its fully supported to control your laser.

But one thing is confusing me, if you buy it with standalone license dongle.
    Do you still need a unique activation file for each computer you want to install it on?
    Normally the license dongle contains all the information required so whats the point of the "activation" file
    Or does this file act as a "license" file telling LSX to look for a LDS Dongle/QM/Riya with a specific serial number and ignore the unique "computer license code"

Don’t know why but for some reason a large percentage of this thread is about the security system used

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LSX Order.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	25870 I guess my issue is, which of these options in the drop down box on the order page should I be selecting? If I choose the QM and enter a serial number, will I be able to use the Moncha DAC in the interim until the software supports use with a QM2000 board. There is no "Moncha" option in the drop down box.

Thanks!

If you select QM and enter your QM's serial number then the software will only run as long as your specific QM is connected.
    But you can use any supported DAC (including Moncha) as an output device to control your lasers once the program has started.

If you don't want to have your QM connected all the time then you could order a new license dongle, this is a small USB stick that you will need to plug into the USB port, this allows you to run LSX with or without your QM connected.

So... if I order the dongle, as long as it's plugged into a USB port on the computer containing the software, the software can then address the Moncha DAC or a soundcard DAC? What about the QM? Would it be able to address the QM if the dongle were in a free USB port on the same system?

In all likelyhood, I would be using the program on the same laptop all the time and I have a docking station for it with the QM installed. Actually... I have TWO laptops and two docking stations with QM's (one is a backup system) as well as a desktop with a QM. (Yeah, I know! 3 ) That's why I'd kinda like to not tie it to one specific QM.

With a USB license key, it sounds like I could at least work on content creation on the laptop without having to have it attached to the docking station, and only hook up the Moncha Dac or the QM and docking station when I want to output to a laser. Correct?

When I refer to a DAC in the context of a 'donge' that means it's serial can be used to activate the software, and the activation can follow the DAC around to different computers. It is separate from using the DAC for output, that can be done with all listed DAC types, no matter if they are used as a 'dongle' or not.

@Brad:
    Correct, if you get the USB license key, no DACs need to be connected to make it work.

The whole licensing system is designed to be flexible, but all those options seem to result in more questions here!

Phew.... :-) Thanks! O.k. so, I'm probably going to order the professional version along with the USB license key which I believe totals $395.
    In case I don't get to it in the next week or so, are you physically bringing these to SELEM for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    When I refer to a DAC in the context of a 'donge' that means it's serial can be used to activate the software, and the activation can follow the DAC around to different computers. It is separate from using the DAC for output, that can be done with all listed DAC types, no matter if they are used as a 'dongle' or not.

@Brad:
    Correct, if you get the USB license key, no DACs need to be connected to make it work.

The whole licensing system is designed to be flexible, but all those options seem to result in more questions here!

Yes, I'll bring copies to SELEM, but with U.S. priority mail, you should get it in about a week, sometimes less.
    Last edited by drlava; 07-08-2011 at 07:04.

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Thumbs up ProDAC LSXpro/Dongle

This set-up absolutely rocks. OMG thanks Soooo much! Learning curve yes but a full serving of software here. FB3 is having a little vacation now. Blown away by the value. The "Xpress" means express your artistic touch I see. Wow!
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

Can you please check your PMs DrLava. I sent a message yesterday, there about the activation code I emailed (or just check the activation email). Thanks.

Pro version with USB Dongle ordered today.