Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: New laser show software available: Procedural dynamic frames, Much More

Sure, it's possible to sell someone your copy of LSX, you just have to include the dongle in the sale.

To help with audio syncing, download audacity and open the song files in it. There you can align the audio (if they are the same recordings) without too much trouble. Usually there will be an extra bit of silence at the beginning or end.

If you can't find the right song, it's possible to re-synch by moving events. To move many events at once, you can select them by clicking on them (or drawing a box around them with shift+drag) and then they can be moved with the mouse or keyboard arrow keys. You can use this with the audio spectrum visualization to aid in fast alignment.

I've used audacity before.. alot. Not really sure why I didn't think of that. Though I guess I thought there were options to shift/compress/stretch the entire timeline in LSX that I was missing.

Any thoughts of making this software work with an FB3 DAC?
    How would QuickShow owners take advantage of this software? I assume that any shows created in LSX could be saved and then imported into QS to play through the FB3???

Non-protected shows can be exported in ILDA format I believe, which should work in just about anything. At least that's what i've seen so far from playing with my copy.

Quote Originally Posted by laserkits View Post
    Any thoughts of making this software work with an FB3 DAC?
    How would QuickShow owners take advantage of this software? I assume that any shows created in LSX could be saved and then imported into QS to play through the FB3???
    For FB3 support, see the statement here and request that an API be released from your FB3 vendor!
    http://lasershowforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1032

Yes, Qumefox is right. So when you make art in LSX, it'll be easy to load them as an event in QS as long as QS keeps ILDA true color import support. Also, any ILDA sequences that export from QuickShow you can load into LSX for playing and integration into new effects for re-export if you wish, too.

dont think QS can export ILDA

does LSX support video? like instead of an audio track can I select a video file to make the show to?

QS can export ilda flecom. well an very old version, but it's not allowed :/

I ordered one pro + dongle just now! can't wait to get it!.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Just starting to scratch the surface and haven't even hooked it up to a projector yet but, if the premade shows in the preview window are any indication of things to come, and what it can do, this is a pretty exciting package. Especially for the price. Had a couple install glitches and it doesn't play nice with Windows 7 yet but on XP machines it's fine. A suggestion if you have an external HD is to copy the entire DVD to a folder on the drive and install it from there via USB. MUCH faster! install process!

Dr. Lava:

I know LSX is relatively new, but will you be streamlining the entire installation/licensing process in the future? I really don't want to have to email to some gmail account every time I want to (re)install this software on a different machine. That's why I bought a dongle in the first place: so that I can move from machine to machine without being tied to the software developer. This type of inconvenience is why I have, in the past, sought out cracks for software I have purchased; a balance of anti-piracy measures and customer convenience needs to be established, especially with something already as intrusive as a dongle.

For installation, I don't like the fact that I have no say in choosing what is installed, and what is not. Sure, I could hit cancel on the individual installers, but a top-level custom installation dialog would be helpful. I don't, for example, need to have all the graphical software components installed on a machine that I intend on only using for show output. I also don't like the fact that the installer places a lot of the data into some folder called "Public Documents" which I have to fish around for manually through C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\ . As I am the only person going to use this software, I'd prefer to have such data in a location of my choosing. The installer also includes a lot of media files that the user may or may not want to have--1.23GB worth in fact. While I appreciate the inclusion of such data, as with all the software on the DVD, I would like some choice in the matter of where this media is place on my system, and if I install it at all. On my system I like to keep data off the main system drive which has limited space due to being an SSD; I'd rather have such data placed on some other drive so I can access it along with other data I might wish to include in a show.

Perhaps something to consider in the future is to make LSX "portable" software, so that it can be transported on a flash drive without need for installation. This would, of course, require the removal of email-based registration, and for all media and software to be installed to portable directories.

Please keep these comments in mind as you continue to improve this software. Thanks.