Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: New laser show software available: Procedural dynamic frames, Much More

hey, is there anyway of avoiding the CD thingy, and the dongle stuff. i need it fast, the basic version, is there any way i could purchase it and get a email with a serial code and a install file ?
    cause i dont see the need for a usb serial dongle.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

hey hybrid0rz,

your best bet is to send a PM directly to drlava. he'll be able to talk you through the options.

there are a number of us LSX users in the #photonlexicon chat room. feel free to join in. we're always happy to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridz0rz View Post
    hey, is there anyway of avoiding the CD thingy, and the dongle stuff. i need it fast, the basic version, is there any way i could purchase it and get a email with a serial code and a install file ?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridz0rz View Post
    If you have a RIYA or QM2000 as your output device, since they have internal serial numbers, you could lock it to that instead of the dongle. As far as skipping the DVD goes, that is up to Dr Lava. It would be a rather massive download.

Steve

if you're curious about what can be done with LSX, i've put a little playlist together with a few of my shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALQv..._gyfQM0q6fEdle

some of these are pretty early in my LSX experience so don't be too harsh on them
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    some of these are pretty early in my LSX experience so don't be too harsh on them
    That's like Van Gogh apologizing for Starry Night Over the Rhone.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Default Soundcard DAC with LSX anyone?

Has anyone been able to get a soundcard DAC to run with LSX using Windows 7? I just purchased LSX and can't seem to choose the DAC under the DAC setup. I did disable driver signing when installing the sound card drivers and can see the multi-channel soundcard in the tray so I think the soundcard driver is there...

Just wondering if anyone has accomplished this setup, and if so, did you have to do anything tricky? I skipped the RIYA driver install; maybe that was a mistake?

What does that DAC setup screen look like when a DAC is recognized?

Thanks alot for reading this question....

Jason

P.S. I have EZAudDAC running a projector on Win XP, but XP is a different animal.

Have you checked for new drivers? The communication methods were changed in Win 7 to increase security and as a result many sound cards no longer worked. The good news is most manufacturers issued drivers which worked around the problems.

Can't comment specifically on LSX but if you get the soundcard working you're 1/2 way there.

Good idea, White-Light, thanks.

So am I the only one foolish enough to have built an RGB projector, purchased LSX, and still insist on using a soundcard DAC ? lol (this is for home use)....

i think so

i built an rgb projector, purchased LSX, and use an ether-dream DAC.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Good idea, White-Light, thanks.

So am I the only one foolish enough to have built an RGB projector, purchased LSX, and still insist on using a soundcard DAC ? lol (this is for home use)....

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

So... does anyone have an e-mail address for the good Dr? PM's have gone unanswered and I need to get in touch with him and hoped to try to reach him that way. You can PM me the address if you know it.