Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: New laser show software available: Procedural dynamic frames, Much More

Round 2:

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    In my opinion, Showtime is easier to use. Also, there is a lot of content already out there for Showtime. LSX will only have a few demo modules with it; beyond that, you'll be on your own.
    A little correction.. the pro version has over 200 script effects that can be dropped in to any show, and also over 100 shows included, from which you can learn from and copy and paste stuff, if desired! There is a learning hump, but when you consider how long your brain has been trained to use other software, it's not as bad as it first seems.

There are some quirks to the LSX interface that you'll need to get used to. One is that the navigation buttons are spread out among three sides (top, left, and bottom) of the main window, and some of the most common controls (play, stop, pause, zoom, etc) are located at the bottom.
    The good news here is that those buttons are on tool bars, so if you want all of them on top, you can drag all of them on top and they'll stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey Sir Andrew -

OK, #1, *bitchin*, I'm stoked...

Request 1: Wish to discuss (..yes, *original*...) content... frames and shows...

R 2: Not sure why you would not have considered me / us for Beta-testing... yes, extremely busy, all the time, but, ie: just finished a gig where for 15 days, had all day, every day, free, until 'show-time' each nite... Sure hope it's not that I am 'deemed unreliable', or something, now... Would love to dig into this 'cookiejar', and can promise you, I'll give it a 'proper stretch'... And, already have a RIYA PCI Pro card...

R 3: ...*Please* don't 'sell-out'... Competition is good.

I guess we can chat more, PM-style, if yer interested in chatting...
    L8r...
    j
    Hi Jon, let's talk. Pretty much all of the 'beta testers' became such because they were purchasing a DAC or something and I offered it to them. No negative reasons, I do know you're a very busy guy and I have the utmost respect for that and your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    [bump]

Would be interested in finding out how soon a fully tested version will be ready for the QM2000...
    and if it will work with the QM2000.net!
    Sorry for missing your first post! Part of the trouble with getting it to work with QM2k is I don't have one to debug with. But, ILD SOS and LaserCam works with QM2k, and apparently the QM32 works with it, so it's just around the corner. .net, as far as I know should work no differently than a slotted card.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Right about now is when Pangolin want to deliver the FB3 SDK......
    Agreed! I asked again a few days ago and the response seemed to indicate that it would be after B was completely finished later in the summer. Hopefully it will come true this time, others have said it will never happen, who knows? The good news is a RIYA Lite is darn cheap and you won't have to wait because it's available NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    Excellent work, Andrew!
    Thank you for the props, you should definitely finish it so you can enjoy what you've made, too.

I've sent out some demos, if I missed anyone please send a PM!
    Last edited by drlava; 05-29-2011 at 06:26.

Got the demo - thanks!

Haven't had much time to play with it, but I love the example effects.

One issue: Norton Internet Security 2011 doesn't like realtime.exe

Had to tell NIS to ignore it to make it stop deleting it.

/Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Badpip View Post
    Got the demo - thanks!

Haven't had much time to play with it, but I love the example effects.

One issue: Norton Internet Security 2011 doesn't like realtime.exe

Had to tell NIS to ignore it to make it stop deleting it.

/Thomas
    It freaks out my avast software too.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Sorry for missing your first post! Part of the trouble with getting it to work with QM2k is I don't have one to debug with. But, ILD SOS and LaserCam works with QM2k, and apparently the QM32 works with it, so it's just around the corner. .net, as far as I know should work no differently than a slotted card.
    if you need someone to test on a .NET let me know

I am still confused about how you are tying the software... if I tie it to the computer am I screwed if the machine gets hosed? how are you tying it to the PC?? if I select dongle it seems like it wants a SN, does that mean I have to have it already? or are you selling dongles?

does your software support multiple projectors? can you mix dacs? do you have support for DMX events in the timeline? (and if so support the DMX interface on the QM, or other USB DMX interfaces like the entech?)

I would really like to try out this software but I don't want to be tied down to my QM card if your software has good multi-projector support so I don't want to tie it to my QM serial #

also you mention a live interface, any screenshots of that yet?

will that have multi-projector/DMX support?
    Last edited by flecom; 05-29-2011 at 08:33.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[QUOTE=flecom;193167]if you need someone to test on a .NET let me know

I am still confused about how you are tying the software... if I tie it to the computer am I screwed if the machine gets hosed? how are you tying it to the PC?? if I select dongle it seems like it wants a SN, does that mean I have to have it already? or are you selling dongles?

It can tie the security various ways, I have a dongle, before that I used the processor serial number. If your output device has a built in serial, that can be done as well. I had a machine croak, Dr Lava quickly switched me to another laptop. This is why I switched to the USB dongle, its small and unobtrusive.

Yes, it supports multiple projectors, if you have the right output devices and a decent PC.

DMX is a work in progress. Some DMX is already there, but I do not know which devices. I loaned Dr Lava a cheap DMX output device that I use, he has others he is working with. If you want the Entec support, Call Andrew, offer to loan him the hardware for a week, with the SDK.

I watched him use a Novation USB controller, so support for that is already there.

There is Multibeam, a simple human interface for real time. I'll post a screen shot. But remember, you can insert real time analog, midi, and dmx inputs into the time line as well. Its recursive, unlike Pangolin where Showtime precomputes everything, this timeline can interact while a show is running. So you do not need Multibeam. Yes, a normal show synced to music can have knob/slider/button inputs like a old analog abstract console.

One thing to keep in mind, as this builds momentum, Andrew will add functionality. You will not need to wait for the latest "Holy, Sacred, Date of Release" for all improvements to come out at once. Patches are simple, so far all I've had to do is download a zip and copy the file into the correct directory, and restart the software.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 05-29-2011 at 09:01.

yes but where do I get that USB dongle? from him?

For FLECOM,

This is a show timeline ZOOMED WAY OUT with a Midi keyboard tied to it. You can mouse click the keys or use a real MIDI device. Each pair of blue dashed lines is a section of the show assigned to a external force. My laptop has a low res screen and does not do it justice. Steve
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCREENSHOT-MIDI.bmp 
Views:	88 
Size:	3.24 MB 
ID:	25262
    Last edited by mixedgas; 05-29-2011 at 09:18.

For FLECOM:

MIDI event screen for one MIDI key:

Note how it interacts with events on the time line.

DMX and Slider inputs are similar. You can call up a on screen slider bank and apply it in many different ways.

Masterbeam touch screen shot. Keep in mind keyboard keys, mouse, and MIDI/DMX Sliders also act on what Masterbeam is doing. I do not have a touchscreen so I use a mouse to activate the trickfilm/animation and to move the sliders.

I also added a BMP of the color linearity corrector for grins and giggles. You can correct for non-linear lasers by drawing the response curve you want.

I'm going to let Dr Lava answer questions for a while, I have a show to program.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SCREENSHOT-MIDI2.bmp  

SCREENSHOT-MASTERB.bmp  

screenshot-color.bmp  

Last edited by mixedgas; 05-29-2011 at 09:40.

Is it possible to let masterbeam run on "autopilot" (sound to light)?

Like the Virtual LJ function in QS, where random cues can be beattriggered by audio input.

This is really usefull for small private parties

/Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    For FLECOM:

MIDI event screen for one MIDI key:

Note how it interacts with events on the time line.

DMX and Slider inputs are similar. You can call up a on screen slider bank and apply it in many different ways.

Masterbeam touch screen shot. Keep in mind keyboard keys, mouse, and MIDI/DMX Sliders also act on what Masterbeam is doing. I do not have a touchscreen so I use a mouse to activate the trickfilm/animation and to move the sliders.

I also added a BMP of the color linearity corrector for grins and giggles. You can correct for non-linear lasers by drawing the response curve you want.

I'm going to let Dr Lava answer questions for a while, I have a show to program.

Steve
    yes I read about the DMX/MIDI input in the pro version, I should have clarified that I want to know if it has DMX output for projector shutters/beam tables/intelligent lighting etc