Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: New laser show software available: Procedural dynamic frames, Much More

Hey, can anyone help with activation? I did send an email to the email address for activation. But Dr.Lava seems busy or might not have chance reading it.

It might well be that I am doing something wrong in general. Let me explain my situation/steps.

I ordered LSX Pro + USB dongle.

Dr.Lava did send me a download link to get me going while waiting for the parcel to arrive here in Germany.
    I installed from that source. Then I copied the "computer code" and send an email to DrLava.

He then sent me back an activation file and suggested reinstalling the software when the CD+dongle arrives.

Unfortunatly I was not able to run the software. Though I placed the activation.lic file in the main directory the "about" box showed up still telling me to get it licensed.
    I do not know if I am doing something wrong here.
    I described my problem to DrLava, but I have no reply yet.

Now the CD+Dongle arrived. I did a fresh install. Now the "about" box still shows up THOUGH the dongle is inserted. (I am sure the dongle is identified, because now the box "serial number" has numbers in it.)

Strange,or? It should work with the dongle?!

I also placed the activation.lic file I got earlier into the main directory, did not change the behavior.

Is there something I did wrong? Why did it not work in the first attempt?

Will I need a new (different) activation file together with dongle?

Thanks for any help, I am out of ideas right now.

jens

Quote Originally Posted by jenspr View Post
    Hey, can anyone help with activation? I did send an email to the email address for activation. But Dr.Lava seems busy or might not have chance reading it.

It might well be that I am doing something wrong in general. Let me explain my situation/steps.

jens
    I also have been waiting (3 days and counting) for them to e-mail me my activation code for LSX Basic. I am chomping at the bit to try out this software, but a little bummed about the activation part taking so long!!! Let me know if you get a response from them

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Drlava was in the PL chatroom a few days ago, he's working on his website and store with an automated licensing system, so hopefully all of these activation troubles will be gone forever!
    Just a heads up... I hope your licenses get sent out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Drlava was in the PL chatroom a few days ago, he's working on his website and store with an automated licensing system, so hopefully all of these activation troubles will be gone forever!
    Just a heads up... I hope your licenses get sent out soon.
    Has anyone gotten update link with the new site host?
    leading in trailing technology

Not yet, but replacing hacylon.case.edu with innolasers.com in the original links does not retrieve a 404... (but no update either). Not sure if that means anything.

Default Perspective and Depth Cues in LSX

Having seen Swami's amazing new show, I thought I should take his lead and do more button mashing!

The space circles that Swami created at 2.35 really blew me away! I have been trying to create that 3D effect in LSX but there are so many buttons to press, I just hadn't reached that particular one yet! The bit I found tricky was creating the depth cues (making distant parts of an object fade). I found out why I was struggling and it was to do with pre and post object movements.

I started with a square grid and then changed to a dot matrix (not a printer) to get perspective as natural looking as possible.

No sound I'm afraid. I'm too busy LSXing to add music at the moment :P

Keith
    Last edited by Galvonaut; 11-17-2013 at 12:06. Reason: typographical stutter

Hi Dream, I don't think the site says it includes ILDS SOS.

I believe that there was a period where it was included.

Yet another thing on my to-buy list

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post
    Yes it does: http://innolasers.com/ebay/laser_diode/LSX.php

That's one of the reasons I got it. I had found a Blender 2.6 svg exporter a while ago, finally figured out how to get it to work.
    Oh yes, I was looking on the new site!

Keith

This is the new website, not all links are updated I guess?

Ild Sos used to go with LSX, sad to learn this is no longer the case
    There used to be an installer on the disk, look around for it. It's a separate install if I'm correct (been a while since I installed it). In my case the license file worked with both software packages so if you're lucky no additional wait is required.
    And after all, it's "only" $30, not $50

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Dream,

You should start demonstrating understanding and patience on this forum. You have a long way to go before your first laser show.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...