Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: New laser show software available: Procedural dynamic frames, Much More

hey there, record to ILDA is it. I took a look at your output, I didn't see a cube.rtd but found a sphere.rtd.
    First of all, nice effect! I think once it's done to fit a projector's capabilities it will be very nice. You have some potential!
    Secondly, there are some things you should know about laser output. The ilda file in that archive is unoptimized, meaning it only contains enough points to draw the effect on a screen. To draw that effect with laser takes many more points. This is one of the reasons why the output is larger. I could create a show for you that uses 100k of source ilda files but saves to a gig of output file, just due to laser scanning optimizations and the length of the show. In order for this sphere effect to be scannable you have to take the flying line count down quite a bit. Once you get your projector you're going to find out what's doable for a projector, and what's not. That is half of the art of show creation. Hang in there, there's a lot to learn but I think you'll do well.

i have the same problem with avi crashing - directly when you click Record to AVI, seems it is related to a state if you have the show already saved or not, if the show is already saved, the recording works fine

to me it looks like the crash is because when you start a new show that hasn't any name yet, the recorder doesn't handle this exception of "no name" and crashes, could more of you confirm this behaviour? try to record nameless (new) vs named (saved) show

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

DT40Pro shouldn't flicker a lot...
    Check your Scanner Optimisation Settings, it's a button that looks like a speed meter, or alternatively Scanner >> Scanner setting >> Edit global parameters...
    In the "Output targets" setup, you can reduce scan angle by adjusting the size sliders. Notice that this only applies to the target world you're in (the default is called Full). Depending on your LSX version, you have a number of these target worlds or zones. In any source event, you can select to which zone or world it should project, so if you have one effect that scans big and the other small for no apparent reason, check your worlds.

You can change the global size in the DAC settings under size/scale. It's best to leave sizeX/Y to 0.5.

Scan speed and optimisation is done in the "Optimization" setup. Here you can change PointRate. The slider only goes up to 30, I guess to prevent inexperienced users from causing damage to their system, but you can use the arrows to go beyond. Again, you have several ScanParameters, similar to Targets which you can assign to events. If you have Pro, Scan Parameter 31 is used for the test frames at the left. There are several other optimisation settings which can add or remove points at the transition between blanked and not blanked, at the beginning and end of a frame, ... the image tries to explain it. If you get a lot of flicker, you could reduce some parameters but this causes a less accurate image. It's good to play around with these to get an optimal result.

The indicated point count is not the real point count that is being sent to the DAC! LSX will add more points to optimize the file to improve accuracy at the cost of a little more flicker. For example, caypan.pic has a lot of blanked lines that "don't have points in between", so LSX will interpolate these lines and add more points in between. This prevents damage in the scanners as big jumps over small time scales can be too much. If you can't live with that, go to the optimisation settings and play around with the sliders there. Reducing the MaxDistDrawn and MaxDistBlanked will reduce flicker, but might cause a more unstable image. The other sliders adjust the amount of points added at the corners of the image and at the transition blanked < > not blanked. You'll have to play around and find a balance between flicker and a correct image.

Ild Sôs can convert pic files to ild, but you can also directly convert it in PicEdit by going to the filmstrip button, selecting the first frame you want to export, click "From", select the last frame, click "To" (they can be the same frame) and then do File >> Export >> Ilda. It only exports as V0 though so no RGB information.

No, as for now there isn't really a way to check final point count. I've requested the feature a while ago, we'll see if it's in the update or not.

I'm not sure what the issue is here. I find that the workspace is loaded however it was saved on a per-show basis, although I always save full screen but I do change the size and position of windows in the workspace.

Keith

i always open show in fullscreen, you can easily drag other timelines out of the view, see manual chapter 4.1 (Split timeline)

Default LSX Lite->Basic->Pro Upgrade Install Tips Anyone ?

LSX community: Did you have to do anything special to get your software updated correctly ?
    I originally purchased LSX Lite, then later purchased LSX Basic. I have tried installing the basic version on two different PCs, and LSX continues to launch as the Lite version.
    On one PC I re-installed Basic over Lite, then on the other computer I uninstalled Lite and then Installed Basic. Both machines are stuck on Lite, and its not just the title of the application because I'm still limited to one target world and Midi & Fast Laser text are not available. I'm stuck on 20130302.

I'm pretty sure the CD Andrew burned for Basic is the upgrade because the Executable is called BasicProInstaller.exe ...

Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks,
    Jason

Just to make sure, you replaced the activation.lic file with the new one in all folders?

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    replaced the activation.lic file with the new one in all folders?
    I did not get a new .lic file when I purchased Basic, does that sound right ? Maybe because I already had the dongle ?
    I did get one with the original Lite purchase and another with LaserCam Pro ...