Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: New laser show software available: Procedural dynamic frames, Much More

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

FLECOM,

I don't know which devices it supports, but at a quick glance I just found 9 DMX related time line commands and 3 DMX configuration screens. There are also "beamtable" and "static effect" functions. Also a DMX monitor window for inputs.

One additional window is a DMX fixture screen with CMYI color control.

I think that is a "Yes" to your question.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    if you need someone to test on a .NET let me know

I am still confused about how you are tying the software... if I tie it to the computer am I screwed if the machine gets hosed? how are you tying it to the PC?? if I select dongle it seems like it wants a SN, does that mean I have to have it already? or are you selling dongles?

does your software support multiple projectors? can you mix dacs? do you have support for DMX events in the timeline? (and if so support the DMX interface on the QM, or other USB DMX interfaces like the entech?)

I would really like to try out this software but I don't want to be tied down to my QM card if your software has good multi-projector support so I don't want to tie it to my QM serial #

also you mention a live interface, any screenshots of that yet?

will that have multi-projector/DMX support?
    Hi Flecom, good questions. If you tie it to just a PC, it's locked to that hardware, yes. So I suggest using some sort of a dongle - your card, a riya, old LDS dongle, or I do have a few dongles available if you'd want to buy one for licensing. Just send a PM.

LSX supports multi-projectors and also using multiple DAC brands and types at the same time. Also, DMX output is supported with Easylase and USBDMX2 here: http://www.pcdmx.de/gb/hardware/usbdmx.htm
    DMX Input is supported with easylase only right now, but this list will grow as time allows.
    MIDI is supported with the standard MIDI enumeration so there are no restrictions there.

The live interface is currently pretty simple. It's workable, but it's not a big selling point other than it exists and can do cool stuff with a basic user interface. What LSX is best at right now is creating animations and dynamic art. The live interface can be used to control multiple projectors, but you'd set up what the buttons do (in a general way) for the projectors first, and use the MIDI interface to modify the effects per projector while performing.

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    It freaks out my avast software too.

chad
    Thank you for the reports. Like with my other software, LSX is compressed and sometimes this freaks out some anti-virus scanners that are prone to false positives. When that happens I send it to them so they can put a signature on the whitelist.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpip View Post
    Is it possible to let masterbeam run on "autopilot" (sound to light)?
    Currently, no. Right now I think of LSX as more a tool for artistic creation of laser art and show display. If you want hands-free auto switchbeams, I think DMX boards that come with some projectors can do that very cheaply. The live interface will grow, however, and so expect some form of automated helper down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    yes I read about the DMX/MIDI input in the pro version, I should have clarified that I want to know if it has DMX output for projector shutters/beam tables/intelligent lighting etc
    Yes, it can do that with the DMX interfaces listed, and the list will grow as time allows. I have a few models here to add in, already!

Question

Does the multiple projector support take multiple DACs?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Yes, but you could use an ILDA splitter if you didn't want to use multiple DACs, a lot of people do that. But that is software independent.

does LSX support more than 3 color channels on a given ILDA output?

how about on a sound card dac?

it looks like the RIYA basic would be the cheapest ethernet enabled DAC you support? (do you support the ethernet interface?)

sad its only 3 colors tho

guess I wont be selling my QM2k.NET any time soon after all lol

LSX will do more than 3 color channels (it supports 6).. not from every source, but at least from frames. This is an area that is still being expanded.
    There is a way to get the RIYA Basic and Pro to do 4 color channels by using the 'intensity' output, and yes, it is the most Inexpensive network DAC right now but you're correct it does not have 6 color channels.

So yes, hang on to your QM2k.net if that's a feature you need because it's one of the few that support many color channels. The NetLase also supports 6 color channels via ethernet, as does the Fiesta.

EDIT: Although the QM2k supports more than 3 color channels, after looking through the interface library, I can tell you that I found no way to send true color frames to it using more than 3 color channels (using the information available to me). For it to access its 5 or 6 color channels, you have to use palettes, not true color frames, which means for the purposes of true color frame streaming in LSX, the QM is a 3 color channel DAC. When a QM SDK update is made (it may have already been done) which allows definition of more than 3 color channel true color frames, I can add support for more color channels to this DAC. If anyone knows of a way to stream > 3 color channel frames to it without degrading to palette mode, please send me a PM.
    Last edited by drlava; 05-30-2011 at 08:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpip View Post
    Is it possible to let masterbeam run on "autopilot" (sound to light)?

Like the Virtual LJ function in QS, where random cues can be beattriggered by audio input.

This is really usefull for small private parties

/Thomas
    I'm using LDS for a while now... As I own an easylase with dmx connectors, I'm able to control the "live section" with my dmx console (sliders and cues), so I think (but never used) if you program some sequences in your dmx console, you can let the soft playing himself, (and maybe synch with the music !).

I'm very sorry..Dr Lava send me the demo version of his new release, but I didn't take time to make a report....sorry for him.

For me LSX is the better laser software, you can plug many dacs, it's running without problem, you have so many function to make your own shows, possibilty of manipulation is incredible, just draw a line, and you can do what you want with.

I have build a new live page, and draw cues for two projectors, so, just one click and my RGB and my two satellites are playing something different (with two dacs of course).

Dr lava have added some new functions, and for sure he is on the right way.
    I will go for an upgrade from LDS2010 pro to LSX 2011 pro for sure !
    (and I will need some time to try all the new functions)

Edit ! The price....for adding a laser, you don't need to buy another soft...only a new dac (you can find some easylase1 for less than 150€ now ;-) )
    Last edited by kl79; 05-30-2011 at 07:39.

Thank you for the demo Sir Andrew!!!

I will try to make the most of it, given my limited experience. Seriously contemplating the switch from lds to lsx, too.
    "its called character briggs..."

I have to say I'm impressed. This goes beyond entry level software and still holds an entry level price tag, so I think a lot of people on PL will be very pleased about this.

Admittedly, I support the feature request for a sound card DAC. Since the LSX license is already capable of being tied to a computer, it's not possible to use two instances of LSX simultaneously when you're using a sound card. A lot of people here start out with a sound card DAC and upgrade to a dedicated system (Easylase, FB3, RIYA) later, so it's a good idea to offer migration.

When it comes to tying licenses to a specific computer, that has some snags to it depending on the way it is implemented. There are countless hacks out there who can 'trick' a program into thinking it's running on a different set of hardware, so it's a noble idea to work with, but it is fairly tricky to implement without opening up the door to piracy. For example, what if I installed LSX onto a virtual machine and made a carbon copy of it?

Another option would be to issue a read-only or cryptographic USB dongle with the LSX license, which allows you to use LSX once the dongle is plugged in (and working!). For example, you can use a signing system which sends a cryptographic hash of some computer-specific string (e.g. the network card's MAC address together with the computer name and the BIOS ID) which is returned by the dongle after encryption with a private key. The LSX installation on the computer only has the public key in memory, which can verify the correctness of the private key by decrypting the whole lot again. If the whole lot maps out, the license is valid (because a physical dongle is plugged in).

Other programs use an USB dongle as well but a lot of programs use a 'dumb' dongle which only presents a specific hardware and vendor ID to the operating system. The program then checks if the driver for that hardware/vendor ID is installed, but doesn't use the dongle after that. This is easy to circumvent by creating a small emulator driver which presents the vendor/device ID, causing the program to think there is a legitimate dongle plugged in.

Wow nice work!

Are more FlexModP3's going to be available still?

Also drlava, please message me regarding my pending V5 order... (please don't forget me!)

Thanks!