Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: New laser show software available: Procedural dynamic frames, Much More

Default Soft..

Hi Drlava,

first Look: Nice Start...second Look: much to do for you:

After 1.5 Years converting LDS to Dynamics i am nearly finished clearing all Bugs from Lennart.
    Think you also found new ones. Biggest Problem is the World/Scanpar/Effect Handling.

About the Hardwarecontroll of JMLaser - Products: There is no Way to "pay in".
    The Code was made from me and it only controlls JMLaser Hardware because i noticed that i
    get Timing-Problems with small Frames if i use different Manufacturers.

And because i also programmed Parts of the Firmware i know who is faulty if something goes wrong :-)

Only in this Way Dynamics can Show a 1-Scanner Show on up to 20 Netlases without Delyas you can see.
    And Every Card can be Setup in Size, Offset, Colorcontroll with Gamma-Curve, Inverting, Swapping,
    Channel-dividet Colorshift and so on....

Next Level is C4Dynamics: A PlugIn for C4D starting at R12 with RealTime Output incl. Hidden Line Calc.
    Should be finished in about 6-8 Weeks...

Hope you have much fun and Success with this Soft. Only after looking in the Code you can see
    what is possible with this Soft ( Animator -> Types of Animation as Expression -> Control Standart Animator
    live by DMX, Mouseposition, Scripting, own Math, Wave or what ever...

About the new Effects: The Abstract with modulation of the RGB-Lines is all, but not new.
    Didnt see Changes to LDS but i only have 30min spend in Testing..

Greetings
    Guido
    www.mylaserpage.de
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

Well I’ve been messing around with my demo for about 3 days now and there’s lots of potential here, good bang for the buck. Want to see some output now.

I see a Medialas driver in the root directory there ”MLUSBDrv.mld” If the driver supports the Medialas USB Hyperport DAC dose it, or will it also support the DMX interface, integrated in the Hyperport?

Is there a way to real-time view the abstract generator on the PC monitor while changing settings?

It would be a nice feature if channels of the generator could be acoustically modulated via an adjustable (in amplitude and cut off frequency) software low pass filter of the sound track.

@drlava

Nice job so far, looking forward to getting my order so I can get some output going here!

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Hi Drlava,

first Look: Nice Start...second Look: much to do for you:

*snip* little advertisement *snip*

Hope you have much fun and Success with this Soft. Only after looking in the Code you can see
    what is possible with this Soft ( Animator -> Types of Animation as Expression -> Control Standart Animator
    live by DMX, Mouseposition, Scripting, own Math, Wave or what ever...

About the new Effects: The Abstract with modulation of the RGB-Lines is all, but not new.
    Didnt see Changes to LDS but i only have 30min spend in Testing..
    Hi Guido, nice of you to drop by. I think we have taken a different development approach to extending LDS. You removed support for laser controllers other than easylase, and focused on easylase support. I took a different approach and maintained broad support, and focused on increasing the software's ability to create art, and on making the user interface faster and easier to use. It it true, originally, LDS would have trouble controlling many types of interfaces at once, but I have solved this by now, and will extend support more in the future. By the way, if you think the new effects are not new, I think you've missed something All LDS users I have shown this to have been every happy with all the new features and quick to updrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarfire View Post
    Well I’ve been messing around with my demo for about 3 days now and there’s lots of potential here, good bang for the buck. Want to see some output now.

I see a Medialas driver in the root directory there ”MLUSBDrv.mld” If the driver supports the Medialas USB Hyperport DAC dose it, or will it also support the DMX interface, integrated in the Hyperport?
    It's a driver for a medialas USB DAC. Whether it's the 'Hypertransport dac' or not, I don't know. if you send me the .mld driver for your hypertransport DAC, I could test and integrate that.

Is there a way to real-time view the abstract generator on the PC monitor while changing settings?
    Yes, while you're editing or creating a show, use the play/edit mode and pause it and you can edit the events and see the results of your edits and event additions instantly in laser and in the preview window. This goes for animations, abstracts, and everything.
    It would be a nice feature if channels of the generator could be acoustically modulated via an adjustable (in amplitude and cut off frequency) software low pass filter of the sound track.

Nice job so far, looking forward to getting my order so I can get some output going here!
    You can do something similar to this right now. After a song is processed in the audio window, you can use the waveform data in the expression animator to create motion and other effects. It is not spectrum specific, but that is coming.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post

You can do something similar to this right now. After a song is processed in the audio window, you can use the waveform data in the expression animator to create motion and other effects. It is not spectrum specific, but that is coming.
    This brings up an interesting question; I have been wanting to use the wave form from a song in a programed show, basically just like an O-scope. I can't seem to find a way to do it in Showtime for the QM2000. The only way I can project the waveform is with the Winamp plugin. Is this possible with LSX?
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 06-02-2011 at 06:05.

Looks Good Doc! Just ordered myself the lite to and a Riya to control my RGB in the garage. Should make for some fun.

I too am interested in acquiring a qm version. Because I have LD2000 intro, I would like to get a really bitchin abstract generator.

Eagerly waiting for this!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Do you have any plans to extend the live interface ?
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

There is already some change to the "live page", but one who interest me is a "strobe" fonction, is that possible ? (yes you need to remove another function to do that and keeping only 16 dmx ways...)

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    This brings up an interesting question; I have been wanting to use the wave form from a song in a programed show, basically just like an O-scope. I can't seem to find a way to do it in Showtime for the QM2000. The only way I can project the waveform is with the Winamp plugin. Is this possible with LSX?
    This had been something on my todo list, so guess what.. I just did it and so the answer is yes. You can do more than a o-scope, the waveform data can be applied in many ways, like coloring as well.

Quote Originally Posted by yobresal View Post
    Looks Good Doc! Just ordered myself the lite to and a Riya to control my RGB in the garage. Should make for some fun.
    Thank you, shipping soon!

Quote Originally Posted by aijii View Post
    Do you have any plans to extend the live interface ?
    yes, more pages for one thing, but it's very 'extensible' if you know what you're doing, for example:

Quote Originally Posted by kl79 View Post
    There is already some change to the "live page", but one who interest me is a "strobe" fonction, is that possible ? (yes you need to remove another function to do that and keeping only 16 dmx ways...)
    You can implement a strobe functionality without another slider in the main interface, and this strobe functionality can be applied to every queue. Use the 'intensity' event and set its expression to: "sin(time/70*dmx(17))", this can be done to strobe the brightness of playing queues at a rate determined by one of the DMX channels beyond the 16 default sliders. Replace sin with sqr2 if you want sharp strobing with adjustable duty cycle. If one doesn't have dmx input, they can use the 16 auxiliary sliders available, or a MIDI control interface. Pretty slick, no?

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post

You can implement a strobe functionality without another slider in the main interface, and this strobe functionality can be applied to every queue. Use the 'intensity' event and set its expression to: "sin(time/70*dmx(17))", this can be done to strobe the brightness of playing queues at a rate determined by one of the DMX channels beyond the 16 default sliders. Replace sin with sqr2 if you want sharp strobing with adjustable duty cycle. If one doesn't have dmx input, they can use the 16 auxiliary sliders available, or a MIDI control interface. Pretty slick, no?
    Easy ^^, I will do that.

One other improvement I fund...that's pretty idiot but now it's working, the "open and play" button is now functionnal ! (before it was not searching to the right folder..)