Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: "LivePad Pro" - A new control surface for Pangolin software.

Default all working

all working fine now with the help of bob
    thanks
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    all working fine now with the help of bob
    thanks
    Can we talk you into posting your work-around, in case some of us yanks have issues as well?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Can we talk you into posting your work-around, in case some of us yanks have issues as well?

Work Around? What do you mean by that ?

Default touchosc

Quote Originally Posted by cyberb0b View Post
    Work Around? What do you mean by that ?
    i think what he means is let everyone know how to get touchosc running
    properly with out using apples bonjour,and rtpmidi , as other may ge the same problems as i did.

and i will post details later when i get home from work
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

properly with out using apples bonjour,and rtpmidi , as other may ge the same problems as i did.

Btw.. Did you see how i faked the toggle status button through pd-extended ?

Exactly!

Thanks - in advance!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Default Pd extended

Quote Originally Posted by cyberb0b View Post
    Btw.. Did you see how i faked the toggle status button through pd-extended ?
    sorry bob dont really know enough about the program to know
    what you mean,
    point me at it ,then i will know what you mean

in my template, i also used toggle buttons.
    However, as currently quickshow has no midi feetback, i made a small ajustment to an button so you can activate and deactivate it, where touchosc will show the status...
    in my bob2.pd document you can see an example on the second row (ctlout 16 1)

It returns the status back to zero. but leaves the toggle button in touchosc alone.

For everyone else. I have attached a working template of my freestyler dmx software for touchosc.
    This template includes the pd extended file which i use to convert osc data to midi.

This is an working example for freestyler how you could use touchosc with all sorts of midi software.

Bob2.touchosc.zip

(( I notice that i am highjacking this topic. Topic starter. Do you want me to create a new topic with some details regarding pd and such? ))

PS.. if you use pd-extended and midiyoke correctly, you can controll livepro/quickshow/showtime/live/all other midi software, with all controllers including the AKAI APC40, launchpad, and much MUCH more midi controllers!
    Last edited by cyberb0b; 06-13-2011 at 10:17. Reason: added ps:

Default touchosc

@ randy and anyone else that has trouble with apples bonjour services.

set up is all as in bob's post

1, i installed puredata extended.
    2, got the touchosc2pd patch gen, which takes the touch osc template file that's been created in the touchosc editor software, and creates a pd file, so puredata can read
    the incoming info from your ipod/ipad and output the midi data.
    3 installed loopbe1 midi software midi interface (just my preference, rather than use midi yoke).

first usage.
    upload dan's template to your ipod/ipad, and setup touchosc as per intructions
    making sure when you set the host ip address that you add :8000 on the end of the ip address this is to send its output through port 8000, which is what purdata reads
    first open the patch generator ,and point it at dan's template ,and the generate the pd file.
    then fire up puredata extended, click on the media tab and select midi settings
    and only select midi output, and select your choice of midi router ie, loopbe1 or midi yoke.
    the file tab , open, and find the pd file you just created, at this point push a slider on your ipad/ipod just to check that the that puredata does not crash, if it crashes then
    cyber bob told me you need to fake some toggles in puredata thats the bit that i get lost on, bob feel free to chime and explain this bit
    if all is ok
    fire up quickshow and set the midi input, then move a slider on you i device to see if it picks up the midi data, if all is ok teach qs all the midi inputs . but do note if you add to your touchosc template file ie extra pages, and it runs ok in puredata you will need to teach quickshow everything again as all the sliders ect will have different controller numbers assigned to them in the new pd file
    i think that's everything

i have attached i pic of mine running on quickshow

@ dan a big sorry for invading your thread mybad
    and sorry i could not buy your templates , i dont have paypal anymore.
    so i had to make my own for my ipod
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails resized_DSCF0802.JPG  

3 installed loopbe1 midi software midi interface (just my preference, rather than use midi yoke).
    I use midiyoke, cause it has 8 virtual midi ports, to control more midi compatible software on the same machine on different midi channels.

cyber bob told me you need to fake some toggles in puredata thats the bit that i get lost on, bob feel free to chime and explain this bit
    You have an push button for blackout.. on your template...
    Lets say you want this to be an toggle button (so you can see the current state on your ipod).

A toggle button does not send the correct data to use it for blackout.

so i ajusted my pd extended file by hand.
    I added a simple instruction (shown in my pd file on the second row, the second item)
    how you can fake the toggle button to be an normal push button.

Nice thing is that it will be in sync with the software.

In this way you can use an toggle button in touchosc on a normal midi command.

Am i making any sence?