Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: "LivePad Pro" - A new control surface for Pangolin software.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I would love you forever if you made an Android version of this, I have an android phone & android tablet... plz plz plz, I will pay you!
    same here, will have android tablet soon or use my samsung galaxy s i9000

Thanks for this Dan, I've just had it up and running for the first time and finding my way round.

I think its inspired me to strike out alone and adapt one of your templates for my own style of using livepro, in particular I'm probably going to add some sort of cue grid so i can do cue selection of some sort. I've worked out I can probably free up a whole tab of controls by losing some of the stuff I dont use like the XY position.

Out of interest, the On/Off button under the Colour Morph fader on the Colour page, what do you assign that to? Is that for the 'active' toggle for the RGB colour wheel?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I'm probably going to add some sort of cue grid so i can do cue selection of some sort. I've worked out I can probably free up a whole tab of controls by losing some of the stuff I dont use like the XY position.
    The iPad version has a full 12x8 cue grid, (and next/prev page to launch every cue) I didn't feel the iPhones/iPods had the resolution to do this justice, hence it was omitted on the iPhone version. I could add another tab for a smaller "top cues" grid if people wanted.
    (I used channel 2 for compatibility.)

Out of interest, the On/Off button under the Colour Morph fader on the Colour page, what do you assign that to? Is that for the 'active' toggle for the RGB colour wheel?
    In an old version of LivePro this option used to be available. However it was removed for some reason. I am in talks with Pangololin to get this feature re-enabled, hence the "placeholder" for the button.

Cheers
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

In an old version of LivePro this option used to be available. However it was removed for some reason. I am in talks with Pangololin to get this feature re-enabled, hence the "placeholder" for the button.
    that was kinda why I asked

The control is still available, but only via setting up a cue that controls it. For some reason it IS in the list of items a cue can control, but not in the list of 'midi to buttons' in midi settings.

I guess you can just set the button to the (midi) key of the cue and make it persistent.

For what its worth, I also asked about this, which is when Alexey told me how to configure a cue to do it. So thats 2 people on the wishlist!

On the cue grid front, I just want some way to switch some of the main cues, I'm not intending to run a full show from my iPhone, but when having a play front of house, its not so cool to show someone going:

Me - 'Look what I can do to the lasers from my phone!' *proud*
    Punter - 'Coooool!!! Go on, make it do a tunnel!!'
    Me - 'Oh....'

Again, not too fussed about colour cycles and key effects either, just some way to punch the first 3 or 4 rows of animations on the cue grid (I was going to say 3 rows but mirror ball targets are probably cool to be able to hit 'on demand').

BTW, do you know how long it took me to work out that the labels weren't the actual buttons with the midi data attached in the editor......
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Ah, ok.
    We'll wait and see on a reply.

Pangolin (Alexey and Bill) were very good at adding the "soft pause" buttons. Within 3 hours, there was a new build out incorporating this... (2020)
    Hats off to them; that was pretty impressive.

The iPhone version is perfect for that slightly "gimmicky" foob around.
    The iPad version is where it's at

BTW, do you know how long it took me to work out that the labels weren't the actual buttons with the midi data attached in the editor......
    Haha - quality
    I did it that way because it looks loads better; the normal buttons look too dark and all that. However as you now know, they are are a few more places down on the Z-order

Hey Daniel,

Your layout looks nice, I'd also like to give it a try, so I send you the paypal payment

Quote Originally Posted by FLoWLASER View Post
    Hey Daniel,

Your layout looks nice, I'd also like to give it a try, so I send you the paypal payment
    Thanks very much.
    They were sent out yesterday to you.

Best Regards,
    Dan

Anyone make a layout specifically for Beyond?

Additionally, BEYOND allows you to load a configuration file into the MIDI settings section. Can someone make the MIDI mapping configuration file available instead of our having to learn all of the values? The docs for QuickShow and the way BEYOND is configured are different.

Thanks in advance,

=D-

Derek R. Flickinger
    Interactive Homes, Inc.

Hi Daniel as a professional programmer this is a very useful app would love a copy !!!