Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scanner Testing/Issue

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yay Marc!!

I mentioned to Marc at CT yesterday about the X scanner motor dying and he just so happened to have one sitting on his bench and within 25 hours, Fedex had it sitting on my desk. I braved changing it out this evening and the God's must be smiling because somehow, I actually manage to have some pretty nice looking Pangolin test patterns. On the first try...! (I'm a little gun shy about making the image bigger than 2' x 2' on my office wall though until I review the whole thing on scan angles again.)

Of course, now Aarons gonna want his pictures....

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

O.k..... here goes. I'm reading the link above for calculating scan angles. Let's say for example that I'm projecting an image in my ballroom and, the projector is 40 feet away from the wall and I want the image to be about 10 feet wide/high on the opposing wall. I'm not a math wiz but, if I'm understanding this correctly. I take the Distance (40') and multiply by 2 to get 80. I then take the desired width (10') and divide that by 80 to come up with .125. I then look at the table and find the closest tangent to .125 which is 7 degrees or the "half angle". I would then double it and in theory, I should then be scanning an image at 14 degrees. Does this sound correct?

If so, then I don't think I was necessarily pushing DT40 Pros past their capability with the little bit I was using them when I first got the projector.
    I might have had the image closer to 12 feet high/wide though. (C'mon August 18th!!!)

Brad-

This Scan Angle Calculator should help you.

Glad it worked out for you.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems