Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Dutchlem Ilpendam 2011

Then just work a little harder, earn a little more on the side and then progress.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Default instructions ?

Hi PJ, when will you be sending out the info regarding the LEM?
    arrival time, what to bring/bring not, adress etc..

seen the uk lem photo's and even though i am on holiday until the friday before i am already thinking of what to pack.

Michel

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post

seen the uk lem photo's and even though i am on holiday until the friday before i am already thinking of what to pack.

Michel
    hehe your posting on the wrong topic, anyway i will put the time there right now, I will add it to the topic right now and will bump it when i updated the information. Also not i scrapped the whole waitress thing because i relealise we don't really need this on a lem
    Rizard Pm'ed me a while ago about him helping out with trusses so that's great.
    if you *from what i think i noticed* are not sure about hanging your projector we can also position it so it doesn't have to hang at all. like a tripod setup perhaps.

About bringing, everything related to lasers is allowed, EXCEPT LASER POINTERS. if you are not sure what your allowed to bring, give me a PM and i'll see

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post

Michel
    Don't hijack my topic

apologies, two lem's in the netherlands and a little too much drinks in the holiday bar yesterday caused me to mix them up.

Michel

Michel, where are you on holiday this year ? on France ?

(the roads here are plenty of Dutch's cars ^^)

Non, pas de la France, this year, had too much rain last year in France, don't want to spend my days in trafic jams again to end up in the most rainy holiday ever.
    This year i stay in the Netherlands.

Michel

no rain in Netherlands ?

well im almost sure i can also bring my projector, instead of what i first thought i stole the idea of michel; bought some wooden plates and tommorow im going to screw them together and fit the projector in.
    glad he didnt patent that idea
    im going to use isolating material between the wood so no dust can come in. also took the advice of michel, hobbybob, mccarrot or edison(dont know who said this to me) to buy a UV filter. so that one will also come on the wooden case.
    for the rest i already made the deal with the shop where i got the wooden plates that they would drill the holes for me where the beam aparture and control panel will come, so probaly will do that tommorow.
    will some luck i can share some photo's tommorow.
    but still have to purchase and install 2 new laser modules before my projector is finished. i want more power and analog modulation.s
    sorry for going a bit offtopic.

maybe if someone has a emergency stop button for ilda for sale, i will buy that there @ilpendam.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    well im almost sure i can also bring my projector, instead of what i first thought i stole the idea of michel; bought some wooden plates and tommorow im going to screw them together and fit the projector in.
    glad he didnt patent that idea
    im going to use isolating material between the wood so no dust can come in. also took the advice of michel, hobbybob, mccarrot or edison(dont know who said this to me) to buy a UV filter. so that one will also come on the wooden case.
    for the rest i already made the deal with the shop where i got the wooden plates that they would drill the holes for me where the beam aparture and control panel will come, so probaly will do that tommorow.
    will some luck i can share some photo's tommorow.
    but still have to purchase and install 2 new laser modules before my projector is finished. i want more power and analog modulation.s
    sorry for going a bit offtopic.

maybe if someone has a emergency stop button for ilda for sale, i will buy that there @ilpendam.
    Cool man !!!
    Then we have 2 Wasers (Wooden Lasers) at the LEM!.
    Remember that the aperture for you laser (the window) must at least be something like 5x5cm (or more).
    So i don't know what you mean by drilling the holes, since i don't presume they have a square hole drill of 5cm ;-)
    Ask them to drill holes of 10mm at every corner of your window, then use the scrollsaw (decoupeerzaag in Dutch) to cut from hole to hole to cut the hole.

Stanwax sells an excellent and affordable safetyboard and the E-stop button. I think the board is only 35 pounds and the e-stop is 24 or so.
    So for 60 pounds you'll have your projector protected very well. I recommend this and can help you build in the board at the LEM.
    If you order this week, prolly Rob will have it with you before the LEM.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.