Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Dutchlem Ilpendam 2011

Great, more lem's a year is super !

if it is family agenda friendly (not close to sinterklaas/christmas since you speak of december) i love to come, will bring my waser (wood box laser) with aprox 1.2 W balanced colormix rgb, 2 watt powermeter if needed, probably a qm2000 with intro ld2000 and my quickshow, 15 meter ilda cable and my notebook.

The location was perfect but perhaps we can design a camera safe zone, already had to replace one camcorder because of not turning it on

also have a hazer to bring.

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post

The location was perfect but perhaps we can design a camera safe zone, already had to replace one camcorder because of not turning it on

also have a hazer to bring.
    If it will damage your camera sensor it will most pobbably also do harm to our eyes.

I will apply for some more safety rules this lem, Like no audience scanning during the daytime, when working and tinkering on projectors, and projector alligned and BAM zones set before 20:00 so people can safely watch the laseoff in the evening.
    Its our duty as laserists to keep it safe for everyone.

depending on date you can count me in also
    probally will bring my 3-5 Watt rgb projector and mayby something else i might have at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    If it will damage your camera sensor it will most pobbably also do harm to our eyes.

I will apply for some more safety rules this lem, Like no audience scanning during the daytime, when working and tinkering on projectors, and projector alligned and BAM zones set before 20:00 so people can safely watch the laseoff in the evening.
    Its our duty as laserists to keep it safe for everyone.
    Which would also imply, that if you bring a system that does not support BAMs in any way (either not through the software/DAC or not in the projector because of TTL modulation), audience scanning would NOT be allowed.

I've got nothing scheduled for that weekend so far, so I can probably attend if I can arrange some transport for that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    Which would also imply, that if you bring a system that does not support BAMs in any way (either not through the software/DAC or not in the projector because of TTL modulation), audience scanning would NOT be allowed.
    If you bring a bring a more than 2W laser you are correct.

But any system I know of have the possibility to turn down the laser power.

With the latest breaktrough in lasers its easy to build multiwatts projectors, this vennue is too small to use multiwatt lasers and 2W is already over the limit.

Perhaps we can add a laser safety education item, since several people are up to speed on the do's and don't and, like myself, we have some newbies who already build a powerfull laser but lack the knowledge it would be good to share this with the group for safety reasons.

Default local hotels

whats the local hotels like near this venue ?? if there are any ?
    i am thinking about flying over , but would have to look into finding a hotel for sat night and how to get from the airport to the venue ?
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Sent you a PM. let me know...
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    whats the local hotels like near this venue ?? if there are any ?
    i am thinking about flying over , but would have to look into finding a hotel for sat night and how to get from the airport to the venue ?
    It will be about a 20 minute ride with public transport from Amsterdam airport Schiphol.
    But maybe somebody can pick you up. But for that we first need to set an date

Ill make sure all information is availeble long before the lem starts.

Also, hotels? Between Schiphol, and the lem i am already counting about 30 hotels..

So there is always a way :P but we can always help.!! ill google an map when i have the time with all the details.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberb0b View Post
    It will be about a 20 minute ride with public transport from Amsterdam airport Schiphol.
    But maybe somebody can pick you up. But for that we first need to set an date

Ill make sure all information is availeble long before the lem starts.

Also, hotels? Between Schiphol, and the lem i am already counting about 30 hotels..

So there is always a way :P but we can always help.!! ill google an map when i have the time with all the details.
    dimitri has offered to let me stay at his house and pick me up from airport
    what a cool guy ehh , you da man dimmer's
    i will keep an eye on the set date to see if i can make it
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.