Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I see stuff changing...

Question I see stuff changing...

Hey Great Janitor... whatchya doing? I see lil changes going on. Is this a small update or are you trying big things out?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

The 4.1.4 update brought with it a new post/submission editor with auto-save function and I am cleaning house and wiping out a lot of spam/registered to get files accounts...

So nothing substantive... Still have 3 "disabled" vbulletin products sitting in the background and I am debating on what to do with the seldom used wiki.

I would like to get some things made here but that involves money above and beyond what I have at my disposal.

Everything here is status quo, sadly.

If you happen to notice something "big" like the vbulletin blog/cms getting enabled, I screwed up somewhere. Those products are technically and practically useless.

Lightbulb

I must make a comment on the Wiki; I used the CDRH one to get realy good contacts when I sent in my papework.

The smileys are not working right... I had to drag and drop this one... and I can't type after it.

Just tested it... as I am sure the psychotic auto-notify email will attest to...

Don't have a problem... Can click/drag or manually trigger the emoticon and keep typing...

What browser are you using?
    Last edited by Admin; 06-18-2011 at 16:09. Reason: Wut.

Red face

IE 8... Now it works. Must have been a PBKaC issue on my end.

Works like a charm.
    Same in the older IE versions.

Laser Warning Noooooo! Don't nuke the wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    ...the seldom used wiki.
    You nuke the wiki, and I'll give this Jolly Roger I just bought you to some other Janitor...

I update it whenever there is nu cookies to put in the jar, and point n00bs to it, to - as you so eloquently put-it, "...use the search, Luke.."

Anyhoo, unless it causes server-space or financial-burdens for PL... *please* don't suffocate the baby..

peas..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I do have issues with the message editor. I don't see a cursor. Hitting Enter will not move to a newline, but will move ALL the typed text DOWN. Will try with IE also, but i like firefox (this is Firefox 3.6 and on laptop same issues, firefox 4.0) and win 7 64 bit. So i don't know, my messages look not so nice. Most of the time when i Submit reply and then do EDIT it works, but not always ?

See ? I just hit submit reply and do edit and it works....
    So now i all the time do a message of 15 chars and then edit them, not handy but is a workaround ;-)
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Cool

Hi there [n/l][n/l]I'm noticing a few issues posting from my iPhone...[n/l][n/l]New lines don't seem to carry through to the post. I'm marking them up to show where they should be with"[n/l]"[n/l]Also, if I edit the post and add them back in, they don't seem to make it through to the post. You can imagine what a list would look like:[n/l][n/l]One[n/l]Two[n/l]Three[n/l]...[n/l]I love PL, and I love it on my iPhone. I hope New Line comes back from holiday soon [n/l][n/l]Cheers,[n/l]Tony PS: The save button doesn't work (cause a submit) when trying to edit post (when using the in-thread edit). I have to click the edit post button below the save (i.e. use the standard edit window) and then save on the next screen to cause the submit to occur.
    Last edited by taggalucci; 06-21-2011 at 20:07.

That appears to be a known glitch with the new ck editor thing they are now using... same glitch in PM land...

As to the other problem... I installed a specific mobile forum skin, next time you are on your phone go to the bottom left of the forum and select mobile...don't do it from your desktop - backing out of it and getting back to the normal skin is rough.