Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: DHOM 532nm TEC setup appears to be totally Kaput!

yeah, it's most likely a single output, each four share the same circuit. Probe the voltage on them and see where your at.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    yeah, it's most likely a single output, each four share the same circuit. Probe the voltage on them and see where your at.

Nope .. 2 pairs = one set 11.96vdc PSU on Laser OFF (no mod input) but 12.03vdc with laser on (4.5v mod input) ??
    second set 5.02vdc PSU on Laser OFF (no mod input ) 4.96vdc with laser on (4.5vmod input)

Any insights ?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    Nope .. 2 pairs = one set 11.96vdc PSU on Laser OFF (no mod input) but 12.03vdc with laser on (4.5v mod input) ??
    second set 5.02vdc PSU on Laser OFF (no mod input ) 4.96vdc with laser on (4.5vmod input)

Any insights ?

Cheers
    Well, 12V probably runs the TEC's while the 5V supply runs the diode driver. The drop below 5V doesn't seem right to me. I'd most likely adjust the supply to around 5.2VDC. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, I'd stop here. In my personal findings, I have seen LW DPSS units shut down below 5.05V. I usually run them around 5.2V and find a noticeable increase in output power. Just out of curiosity, is there a potentiometer on the PS for adjusting output voltage?

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Well, 12V probably runs the TEC's while the 5V supply runs the diode driver. The drop below 5V doesn't seem right to me. I'd most likely adjust the supply to around 5.2VDC. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, I'd stop here. In my personal findings, I have seen LW DPSS units shut down below 5.05V. I usually run them around 5.2V and find a noticeable increase in output power. Just out of curiosity, is there a potentiometer on the PS for adjusting output voltage?
    Why do you think the TEC supply went UP after inputing mod voltage ?

Don't want to adjust anything without permission from DHOM (warranty)
    Interesting data concerning the 5.05 limit.
    Can't see any pot but can't see much at all without pulling things apart (nogo here as well).

Got to get some sleep now (6 am here!) Thanks for the input Adam... if I decide not to go for warranty shipment back to china I will PM you for more tips as to how to proceed.

Cheers

Update:

Hey Shawn ..... are you out there somewhere ?

Two weeks and still no reply from Shawn at DHOM.
    DHOM (English) website shows him as principal contact.

Cheers

Shawn contated me today via e-mail.
    He says he's sorry for the delay because he is on a biz trip, will talk to engineers and contact me again on monday. I sent him the link to this thread.

Thanks B..... I am very busy but will PM you soon.

Cheers

Update!

Still no info on DHOM details and no answer from DHOM about warranty situation.

Cheers

if it is the driver, it may be reparable...but if it is the head, no way to repare it...the one I already opened (500mw) was a big pointer, all was glued inside :-(

Good luck man

I am also having issues with my 300mw unit from DHOM. It flickers pretty much constantly now. I sent an e-mail to Shawn at Ultralasers over a week ago asking to get the unit swapped under warranty and have not received a reply. This was sent to him within minutes of his incoming mail message where he finally responded to a previous e-mail after a couple of weeks claiming to be out of town... It seems they (ultralasers) are not being very good at after the sale service... FYI for those looking to buy.