Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: DHOM 532nm TEC setup appears to be totally Kaput!

Quote Originally Posted by laserdj View Post
    I had excellent communications with him during the buying phase...
    Unfortunately I cannot say the same once problems arose...
    Too bad.
    Hope you don't have any problems... They perform quite well when you get a good one..
    Me and Mr Catalanjo both had TEC related problems that if not corrected renders the units useless..
    Anyway.. good luck with you unit, hope you don't have the same fate as us.
    Cheers!
    Ditto that... He always answered questions quickly when I was buying too. But after problems started to show up he was nowhere to be found. He did finally (after weeks trying to get in touch with him) tell me I could send mine back. But no RMA or special instructions. I'm actually afraid that if I do I may never see it again. As it is, it's usable but has TEC problems. Don't know whether to crack it open or take the chance on sending it back. Oh and he did not specify Canada or China for the return either...
    1.2 Watt RGB Build
    DHOM 300mw 532
    DHOM 600mw 445
    Laserwave 300mw 640
    DT-40 Pro's
    FB3 / Quickshow

Seems to be a widespread flaw then.... shhhsss

Quote Originally Posted by laserkits View Post
    Ditto that... He always answered questions quickly when I was buying too. But after problems started to show up he was nowhere to be found. He did finally (after weeks trying to get in touch with him) tell me I could send mine back. But no RMA or special instructions. I'm actually afraid that if I do I may never see it again. As it is, it's usable but has TEC problems. Don't know whether to crack it open or take the chance on sending it back. Oh and he did not specify Canada or China for the return either...

BumpetyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	trampoline.gif 
Views:	74 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	26900Bumpety
    Tried to join the DHOM user group via their web page last week! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcpunch.gif 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	26901
    Still waiting for their emailed (supposedly) access code...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tired.gif 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	26902
    Cheers

Haven't seen many posts from Shawn or Rob lately... Are they still out in the road together?

I performed further tests... and something funny:
    When given 5V on the modulation input, the laser runs fine for a long time... no power drop, heating, etc...
    As soon as you start modulating, the power drops and it (usually) does not recover... Modulation source is ok, tested with others lasers

=/

Well after reading some of the issues in this thread it appears that DHOM lasers are about as reliable as the weather. I’m having issues with my 500mW OEM that’s a year old, never been used though (reserve laser stored in the original box @ room temperature) and it’s down to 340mW. That was my first and last China laser.

I wouldn´t put all china lasers in the same bag... but DHOM we should avoid like the plague...

Quote Originally Posted by Solarfire View Post
    Well after reading some of the issues in this thread it appears that DHOM lasers are about as reliable as the weather. I’m having issues with my 500mW OEM that’s a year old, never been used though (reserve laser stored in the original box @ room temperature) and it’s down to 340mW. That was my first and last China laser.
    If you can, please do this test... power up your laser without any signal on the mod pins
    wait 15 seconds
    feed it 5V
    thats the only way I got it working for a few hours without noticeable power loss... if I start to modulate the 5V then it fades and don´t come back.
    Same deal if I wait 15 seconds and feed it a modulated signal.

Quote Originally Posted by laserdj View Post
    If you can, please do this test... power up your laser without any signal on the mod pins
    wait 15 seconds
    feed it 5V
    thats the only way I got it working for a few hours without noticeable power loss... if I start to modulate the 5V then it fades and don´t come back.
    Same deal if I wait 15 seconds and feed it a modulated signal.
    That didn't make any difference on mine.

This driver is driving me crazy man...