Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DT40 wide help.

Default DT40 wide help.

My x galvo is a little messed up as seen in the pic. I'm 99 percent sure thats the problem is the x amp. Also with nothing hooked up except the power there's a very faint high pitch bussing sound coming from the galvo. When I touch the top of the scanner mirror gentle the buzzing sound goes away. This also happens whens everything is hooked up. Does anyone know if there's something I can adjust?

Thank you for any help you may have.

James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0051.jpg  

Sounds-like the gain is too-high, and/or you've got a loose-ground... Can you post-up a pic of the ILDA-test pattern?

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by jamesx1234 View Post
    My x galvo is a little messed up as seen in the pic. I'm 99 percent sure thats the problem is the x amp. Also with nothing hooked up except the power there's a very faint high pitch bussing sound coming from the galvo. When I touch the top of the scanner mirror gentle the buzzing sound goes away. This also happens whens everything is hooked up. Does anyone know if there's something I can adjust?

Thank you for any help you may have.

James
    I had the same problem with one of my DT 40 WIDE.
    What you do to check if it is the amp or the galvo is connect the Y amp to the X galvo, if the sound is gone it is the amp if not it is the sensor on the galvo.
    I got a new amp and the problem was solved.

Aage

Thank you everyone. Aage I did switch the Y amp to the x galvo and the sound was gone. No worries I didn't have anything hooked up except the power. That was my last test I did after spending a couple hours trying to figue out what happen. Does anyone know which pot is the gain? I also can do a ILDA test pattern latter today. Some stupid person broked out my wifes car window last night so I have to fix that first. At least there was nothing in the car.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DT-40Pro_User_Manual.pdf 
Views:	78 
Size:	416.6 KB 
ID:	29846 .
    Last edited by Aage; 01-15-2012 at 09:06.

All fix. It was the frequency damping pot.

just a remark, while the driver is switched on and even in idle mode it is in my opinion not a good idea to touch the mirrors, i broke one of doing that.
    Just my experience.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michel Rietveld @ Utrecht The Netherlands

FB3, BEYOND Ultimate, 3xFB4, apc 40

1x5W RGB 637nm 1.3W, Edison Blue 2.5W 445nm and CNI 2.5W 532nm Greenie with Pico driver with DT40Kpro scanner set

2x3W RGB DT30 scanner set

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post
    just a remark, while the driver is switched on and even in idle mode it is in my opinion not a good idea to touch the mirrors, i broke one of doing that.
    Just my experience.
    I love advice. I have wasted so much money over the last three years on mistakes I have made. At least the mistakes are alot less now. Thank you.

Guys don't ever swap amps and galvos around, each amp is tuned to its respective galvo
    Swapping them there is a good chance you can damage a galvo.
    Take it from me I did it once on my first scan set, the galvo had a screaming fit and died as it had gone into self osilation, they mark each amp x and y for a good reason
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    Guys don't ever swap amps and galvos around, each amp is tuned to its respective galvo
    Swapping them there is a good chance you can damage a galvo.
    Take it from me I did it once on my first scan set, the galvo had a screaming fit and died as it had gone into self osilation, they mark each amp x and y for a good reason
    Yet, for testing purposes, that's exactly what I've been told to do to determine if a galvo motor is bad.... but, I can see that you might not want to leave it that way for any length of time.