Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi ML501P73 500mW 638

Quote Originally Posted by Garoq View Post
    According to the distributor, the emitter size is 2µm x 40µm for both 638nm 300mW (CW) LD ML520G71 and 500mW (CW) ML501P73 series.
    That´s a pity so we are back to stripey burger barbies after all!

Cheers

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

New lesson for you , when you see, on a red diode laser datasheet: "Laser Display" = Pico Projector = Flashlight.

These diodes have some unique design features that allow high power across a wide beam, nothing more. They are PERFECT devices for video systems, with homogenic optics.

I spent a lot of time with the previous model. Five "VERY" skilled people here learned much about these diodes. We know them well.

Loss in tight collimation will exceed XX percent, where X is a large number. Sorry, NDA signed, so no real numbers.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 07-06-2011 at 05:34.

I like flashlights . The last show I did outdoors my 636 300mW red beam really looked almost too skinny, as strange as that sounds.. I'll take a big phatt beam if it's got enough power. ..and yes, super-slow galvos with big huge mirrors .. meh .

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    I like flashlights . The last show I did outdoors my 636 300mW red beam really looked almost too skinny, as strange as that sounds.. I'll take a big phatt beam if it's got enough power. ..and yes, super-slow galvos with big huge mirrors .. meh .
    So you're sayin you no longer want your lil 300mW 636 red huh? I can go find a fatty red somewhere to trade you for that lil beasty you got...

Uh-huh-huh..uh.. No. Thanks for the offer though ..

Seriously tho, Reds are a real pain-in-the-arse.. right? I mean, you find a good 500mw diode at 635-642nm and the emitter is too big.. or the fcking divergence is terrible, or is always something. What can we do? Well, there are always options. We just haven't found them yet, I guess. Or, we can always sit and wait for the big break like the 445s in the ca<io miniprojector gave us. Or.. there's always the option to shell-out megabucks to buy a 1 Watt CNI 635. Personally, I dont have that kind of cash-flow.. . . <end_rant>

HOW ABOUT SOME MAGIC? W00T !!
    Last edited by steve-o; 07-27-2011 at 18:09. Reason: had to add w00t

theres kavnt, rgb lasersystems or even doing your own multi diode setup.

people just want to much for very little, we would all love a 1000000watt 640nm red diode with a 1mm beam @0.5mR that only costs a pound

at the end of the day you get what you pay for, if you want a top quality red go see kvant or rgb, if you want cheap poo go see ebay or laserworld.

please dont take this as a rant at you

happy faces
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

who needs a brazillion watts???

i'm happy with a 2w, 3mm, 1mrad, 637nm beam for 300quid... but no such luck yet
    "its called character briggs..."

i need a 10000000000000000000watts of red
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

well, i suppose one of the happiest day of mr cons life would include him, a stupid ammount of red wavelengths and tons of snow falling from the sky

can you do your little snow dance now andy? it is around 40celcius around here and i can't take it any more!!!
    "its called character briggs..."