Thread: The Blame Game

Default The Blame Game

Don't you just love it when someone does something they KNOW is illegal, they get caught and then blame YOU for it? Like YOU FORCED them to do it? REALLY??? WTF? I just got a nasty message from a fellow PL user, sending me a message saying that I turned him in. For what or to who I am not sure, but his message was very nasty and threatening. My guess is that he has been contacted by the CDRH or FDA and thinks that his competition must be to blame. It couldn't be that they are now checking everyone... no way, it must be that I turned him in... It couldn't be that he was posting his pics and advertising his NEW 9Watt Lasers for rent on the internet.... NO Way... Must have been me...

REALLY? Get a clue... If I hadn't turned you in before when you were using unvarianced projectors, why would i start now?

I'm a big fan of the blame game.

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    Don't you just love it when someone does something they KNOW is illegal, they get caught and then blame YOU for it? Like YOU FORCED them to do it? REALLY??? WTF? I just got a nasty message from a fellow PL user, sending me a message saying that I turned him in. For what or to who I am not sure, but his message was very nasty and threatening. My guess is that he has been contacted by the CDRH or FDA and thinks that his competition must be to blame. It couldn't be that they are now checking everyone... no way, it must be that I turned him in... It couldn't be that he was posting his pics and advertising his NEW 9Watt Lasers for rent on the internet.... NO Way... Must have been me...

REALLY? Get a clue... If I hadn't turned you in before when you were using unvarianced projectors, why would i start now?
    Slick, wasn't it you who said that if someone has a variance, that person is obligated to report illegal shows or risk losing their variance? Or am I on crack? I can't find the post...

Not that I am saying you reported the member accusing you. If what I think I read is true, I just think anyone doing illegal shows should worry about anyone with a variance, not because they would report them to get rid of competition, but because the variance holder has to report illegal to keep their own variance.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I didn't say that. I couldn't find a reference to you loosing your variance for not reporting a person. It is up to the person to do if they want, just like in the carpool lane, there is a number you can call to report violaters, but if you don't want to you don't have to as far as I am aware. It might be the Responsible thing to do, especially if there is a real danger, but I don't think there is any way they could take your Variance for not turning in someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Slick, wasn't it you who said that if someone has a variance, that person is obligated to report illegal shows or risk losing their variance? Or am I on crack? I can't find the post...

Not that I am saying you reported the member accusing you. If what I think I read is true, I just think anyone doing illegal shows should worry about anyone with a variance, not because they would report them to get rid of competition, but because the variance holder has to report illegal to keep their own variance.

I couldn't find a reference to you loosing your variance
    The correct spelling is losing, not loosing.
    (I've been reading that other thread too much..)
    Sorry to hear about your problem. Hope you get it resolved.
    I think that we can safely say that the blame is squarely on the pointer peeps who shine lasers at airplanes, police helicopters and other vehicles for the FDA/CDRH coming down on us safety-conscious laserists.

Thanks for the spelling lesson... I guess I should hit spellcheck b4 sending the message.... lol
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    The correct spelling is losing, not loosing.
    (I've been reading that other thread too much..)
    Sorry to hear about your problem. Hope you get it resolved.

oops- i edited and added something and hit send b4 noticing your last post , slick.. I'm getting slow.

I didn't say that. I couldn't find a reference to you loosing your variance for not reporting a person. It is up to the person to do if they want, just like in the carpool lane, there is a number you can call to report violaters, but if you don't want to you don't have to as far as I am aware. It might be the Responsible thing to do, especially if there is a real danger, but I don't think there is any way they could take your Variance for not turning in someone.
    I apologize; must have been them cracker jacks again... I could swear that was posted by someone with reputable knowledge.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin