Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Legally stopping an illegal laser show before it starts?

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    #1 - cant prove it
    #2 - lasernet IS ILDA? lol

I think its great there are people out there trying to stop these people, really I do... I just tried and gave up... I can list at least 10 night clubs, including some MAJOR ones that have all sorts of illegal laser crap, and nobody seems to care
    #1 - You can do anything you put your mind, and soul to if you believe in yourself and the cause; if not by yourself then by orginizing a group.
    #2 - Bullshit; I know of 5 people off the top of my head that on high up in the ILDA hierarchy and not related to Lasernet in anyway.

You make me wish I was in Miami; I care, got time on my hands, and would enjoy a cause more interesting that finding employment.

I guess I have an atittude from my last job; if there is a problem that needs to be resovled, do everything you can, bother as many people as possible until you get satisfactory results and the problem is resovled especially if there are people getting paid to resolve that problem.

I worked for the government, attitude there was, you see a problem? no... you DON'T see that problem if you like working here lol

Simple solution- The FDA should write a letter of concern to all holders of liquor licenses in their region. It should express that there has been recent concern from the public about laser light shows. It could give them simple information that they might not know. A) Any laser <5mW shine away, B) any laser >5mW must be registered with the app. authorities, C) any laser event with lasers >5mW an CDRH event variance must be attained (docking # min. for most laserist) D) List the punishable fines for violating their laws. Tell them you thank you for their cooperation in keeping the public safe and that all venues are being monitored.

You can now keep the club owner (the money of the operation) 100% liable for these illegal shows. If after knowing all the information the FDA has just sent them they continue to do and work with illegal laser shows you fine the venue. The venue will in turn look at the promoter and illegal laser people to pay off this fine in turn hitting their pockets. One $5,000 fine gets sent out, I guarantee you see the amount of illegal lasers return to the darks of the rave scene and out of the public decline.

My true vision of what I want:

1) Do I want anybody specifically to get into trouble? No

2) Do I want things to change immediately? Yes

I'm shooting for vision number 2, but if vision number 1 happens to be in the way of attaining it it's not my fault. This is a public concern for safety and very simple regulation, this is not a private opinion situation.
    Last edited by MLS; 07-13-2011 at 13:53.

Like fle said, all this will do is get rid of lasers in clubs and then no one will enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Like fle said, all this will do is get rid of lasers in clubs and then no one will enjoy them.
    I don't believe that. Is there a governemnt division that inspects pyro equipment at clubs? I ask because I don't know, but there have been far more accidents with pyro than there ever will be with lasers. People have died from pyro accidents and clubs are still able to use them. Lasers are far less dangerous and there is no need for regulation to be harsher than pyro; again, all we need to do with work within the system.

Pyro equipment? LOL. What clubs do you go to?

Awakenings abroad maybe:

Bow down to the Hugo god (and its safe to assume its all legal):

None... I was thinking about the club in the north east a few years back. I haven't been to a club in probably a decade.

Some of you forgot to read the original post where they are physically telling the public they are the best local laser show. Want to play with the big dogs be prepared to backup your statement which is exactly what I am doing.