Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
Thanks for the response; I am curious though, what would be the changes you would make to that driver? Nothing that will compromise your intellectual secrets, just the dummies version of what would be changed.
I would need some way to turn the digital signal into an analog signal. I don't know how technical or how dumbed down you want it, but here's a pretty simple explanation: My circuit uses Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) which turns the lasers on and off super quickly in order to give the appearance of changing brightness. This is great for lumia projectors or other RGB setups where you want something small, compact, and gives crazy cool effects at a relatively low cost. What my PWM is not good for is full projector setups that require ILDA input or other software input. For these things, analog is much better. Analog will actually adjust the power of each laser as needed, instead of just turning them on and off really quickly.

So all I need to do is turn my digital PWM signal into an analog one. There are several ways to do this, I just need to figure out the cheapest and best way to do this. But in the mean time, should anyone on PL want to build something that would require my current driver, since I already have all the parts on hand, I will be offering them for sale.

-Alex